www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Cinavia protection in TMT5?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
GhostM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhostM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 4:47am
A quick question, since cineavia is only on a limited number of discs is it really that bad?

I mean if only a few discs are going to have it? Or is that number expected to increase soon?
Nitra1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitra1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 7:35am
So far it's really only Sony that's pushing it.
MAtTX7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAtTX7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 5:59pm
hi, thanks for all helpful reply's.

Its appears cinavia is now part of version 5.3.1.172 from website, I'm still using version 5.3.1.146. If I wanted to download new version can I install over the old one, or do I need to uninstall the previous version?

Thanks matt
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 6:36pm

If you download the TBYB, you uninstall the old one first, then install the new one.

Or you can wait for the patch release to go live in which case it will update without you manually uninstalling first.
OzBlackKnight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OzBlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by GhostM GhostM wrote:

A quick question, since cineavia is only on a limited number of discs is it really that bad?
I mean if only a few discs are going to have it? Or is that number expected to increase soon?
A list of both DVD and Blu-Ray titles known to have Cinavia protection can be found here:
Over a 100 movies by my count and growing by the day.

It's disappointing to see that the latest patch for TMT5 now has Cinavia detection built in. The benefit for me of a software player over a hardware player was that I could rip all my discs to HDD and then not have to find and insert a disc everytime I wanted to play a movie. That benefit will now no longer exist. Cry

Adbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 12:04am
Well as Jason said earlier, it is out of their hands as it's part of the license agreement. It's a shame as I do like TMT, but I'll have to stick to the pre Cinavia build myself so I can continue to play back my backups off my RAID box, or until someone breaks it like they did with BD+ and AACS
Jong99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jong99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 1:15am
Originally posted by OzBlackKnight OzBlackKnight wrote:

It's disappointing to see that the latest patch for TMT5 now has Cinavia detection built in. The benefit for me of a software player over a hardware player was that I could rip all my discs to HDD and then not have to find and insert a disc everytime I wanted to play a movie. That benefit will now no longer exist. Cry
It's the main reason IMO, so let's hope for Arcsoft's sake they are right when they say their business is driven by OEM demand, because once people start to be affected by this the direct-to-consumer market for these players will all but dry up. Potentially cheaper and a whole lot less hassle to buy a hardware player.
HaggisCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaggisCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Adbear Adbear wrote:

Well as Jason said earlier, it is out of their hands as it's part of the license agreement. It's a shame as I do like TMT, but I'll have to stick to the pre Cinavia build myself so I can continue to play back my backups off my RAID box, or until someone breaks it like they did with BD+ and AACS

I'm still using version 120 _ looks like I'll be sticking to that one for as long as possible. Smile
Capricorn74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capricorn74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 2:08pm
Cinavia ???? Cry
Ohhhh no !!!!! If that's true, bye bye Arcsoft Broken Heart

WHY ??? Evil Smile
HaggisCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaggisCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 5:32pm
I don't believe Arcsoft had a choice in the matter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic