www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Cinavia protection in TMT5?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
MAtTX7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAtTX7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cinavia protection in TMT5?
    Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 2:29am
Hi, I have recently brought TMT5, I tried the trial for a while and I was really impressed with the software! My question is now that PowerDVD 12 now has support for cinavia with there latest versions, is it likely that Arcsoft TMT5 will add that in future releases?  Only reason I ask is I like to backup my Blu_Ray/Dvds so that they don't get damaged, and play them from unencrypted folders.

matt

hotspot1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotspot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 10:37am
after contact arcsoft i know that actual version of TMT5 has no cinavia.
And yes powerdvd 12 has become useless because of cinavia software
HaggisCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaggisCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 1:45am
Originally posted by MAtTX7 MAtTX7 wrote:

My question is now that PowerDVD 12 now has support for cinavia with there latest versions, is it likely that Arcsoft TMT5 will add that in future releases?

I like to save older versions of any software and especially for this reason (Cinavia) I am still running 120 and so far this has worked for me mounting ISO files on a virtual drive (Virtual Clone Drive) I was never a big believer in updating software or firmware just because there is a new version, or at least if I am going to a new version I make sure I have some way of getting the old back.
 Who knows with Cinavia though, if I install a TMT version that includes Cinavia and then revert back to an older version _ what Cinavia files are left over in the Windows registry, in which case only a complete OS reinstall would get rid of them.
 I don't worry so much about playability, mainly because SlySoft removes allot of the stuff that would normally require an update by Arc Soft.
 So far all new titles have played _ here in Canada The Avengers is being released this Tuesday and I am sure it will have all sorts of new copy protection protocols and features so it will put SlySoft to the test and possibly my old 120 version.

Edited by HaggisCat - 27 Oct 2012 at 12:59am
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 11:47am
Cinavia is a requirement for all licensed hardware and software players that have not been discontinued. It's coming to all in-support playback products eventually.

I wouldn't be  concerned about the methodology. It's all spelled out in the public elements of the spec and depends on an interaction between the player and the disc audio, not on any particular system level voodoo. By using Blu-ray, you've already bought into an environment with much more intrusive security on the PC platform than Cinavia adds.
Nitra1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitra1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 7:52am
This is a little disturbing, and your answer Jason wasn't very detailed.
I for one have a large collection of Bluray's, I buy them all the time, the first thing I do is dump them out to .iso and load them into the file server and store the discs.
So far, I've not needed any software other than XBMC to play things back.
Recently I've been picking up 3D blurays, I actually started the trial of TMT5 and was about to pull the trigger on buying it, but I'll hold off until there's some more clarification.
I just got finished watching The Avengers from backup this morning, it was flawless on the current trial of TMT.

Edited by Nitra1 - 25 Sep 2012 at 7:56am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Nitra1 Nitra1 wrote:

This is a little disturbing, and your answer Jason wasn't very detailed.
I for one have a large collection of Bluray's, I buy them all the time, the first thing I do is dump them out to .iso and load them into the file server and store the discs.
So far, I've not needed any software other than XBMC to play things back.
Recently I've been picking up 3D blurays, I actually started the trial of TMT5 and was about to pull the trigger on buying it, but I'll hold off until there's some more clarification.
I just got finished watching The Avengers from backup this morning, it was flawless on the current trial of TMT.

What detail are you interested in that was not provided? (I may or may not be able to answer, but I at least need to know what the question is.)

It's important for you to understand that you are doing something that the powers-that-be (ie not ArcSoft) in regards to Blu-ray do not want you doing and (arguably) aren't allowed to do legally. You can expect they will continue to try to prevent you from doing so for the forseeable future. It doesn't seem matter to them at this point that the 1 in 5 legitimate customer gets caught in the crossfire--they're understandably worried about the other 4 in 5 who are consuming their media without compensating them. You may need more grayware software in the future, and what you are doing could conceivably become impossible if they stumble upon a magic bullet technical solution. That's the path you've chosen. Please note I have zero personal issue with people who choose that path--I just accept the potential pitfalls of it.

ArcSoft has only two choices in regards to commercial Blu-ray software--follow the rules, or discontinue the product.
Nitra1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitra1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 4:09am
Thanks for the reply again Jason, I had some clarification given via email to support.
And regarding your post, it's actually quite legal in some countries to pick the so-called digital lock for personal use.  The laws are not the same everywhere.
I'm looking forward to TMT 6.x when it gets released.
hotspot1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotspot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 11:31am
@Nitra
attention; read my info posted on 23 sep
TMT5 works fine without cinavia for every format, even 3D mkv with external subs.
TMT6 will have cinavia inside.
So fast buy the version 5.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Nitra1 Nitra1 wrote:

And regarding your post, it's actually quite legal in some countries to pick the so-called digital lock for personal use.  The laws are not the same everywhere.

I qualified that statement for a reason. Tongue The rest remains true even if it's not a legal issue where you are. (And I highly doubt any studio will press the issue legally with an end consumer even in the places where it is.) The studios seem dead-set on preventing such usage regardless of the legality.
Nitra1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitra1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by hotspot1 hotspot1 wrote:

@Nitra
attention; read my info posted on 23 sep
TMT5 works fine without cinavia for every format, even 3D mkv with external subs.
TMT6 will have cinavia inside.
So fast buy the version 5.

Not correct, you can email them yourself and check. 6.0 is coming mid month next month, and will not feature Cinavia. It's still in testing and will come with a later patch.

Edited by Nitra1 - 28 Sep 2012 at 11:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic