www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Prometheus blu-ray Bonus Features Disc BETA Hotfix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prometheus blu-ray Bonus Features Disc BETA Hotfix
    Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 12:56pm

Back up the copy of the file in the linked ZIP file located in the application's \BDJ\bin folder to a safe location and then overwrite it with the enclosed version to resolve the problem with TMT5 build 5.3.1.172 failing to play the Prometheus blu-ray Bonus Features disc.

This file is intended only to be used with TMT5 version 5.3.1.172.

THIS FILE IS BETA. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

http://download.arcsoft.com/downloads/digitaltheatre/arcsoft/tmt5_beta_prometheus_hotfix.zip

Bickabic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bickabic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 5:35pm
Brilliant, will try it out tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Edit:

Watching it now Smile

Edited by Bickabic - 24 Oct 2012 at 6:12am
Ricdiculus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricdiculus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 8:36pm
hotfix works great! Thanks again to the TMT team and Jason!
JONIWONG28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JONIWONG28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by ArcSoft_Jason ArcSoft_Jason wrote:

Back up the copy of the file in the linked ZIP file located in the application's \BDJ\bin folder to a safe location and then overwrite it with the enclosed version to resolve the problem with TMT5 build 5.3.1.172 failing to play the Prometheus blu-ray Bonus Features disc.

This file is intended only to be used with TMT5 version 5.3.1.172.

THIS FILE IS BETA. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

http://download.arcsoft.com/downloads/digitaltheatre/arcsoft/tmt5_beta_prometheus_hotfix.zip

confirm works also on tmt5 version 5.3.1.146 
nice patch Jason
thanks a lot for support

Edited by JONIWONG28 - 27 Oct 2012 at 3:41pm
deadspeak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadspeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 3:51pm
Getting sound problem, stutering etc, then after a while i get a blank screen and i have to hard reset my whole system. using 5.3.1.172.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by deadspeak deadspeak wrote:

Getting sound problem, stutering etc, then after a while i get a blank screen and i have to hard reset my whole system. using 5.3.1.172.

This is with the Prometheus Blu-ray bonus disc specifically after applying this hotfix and doesn't impact other discs?
deadspeak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadspeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 12:38pm
Seems to be only affecting the prometheus bonus disk
MrP3T3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrP3T3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 11:19pm
Does this fix playback issues with Prometheus 3D blu ray at all? I've had and still have probs with C++ runtime errors, pause, ff, rew, info etc. all crashing program and/or producing runtime erroer msg. Program also sometimes crashes during disk loading during startup (20th century fox) screen. Contacted support and got generic responses (disable BDJ, etc.). Also sometimes sound fails completely and video stutters badly. Guess I'll try it and see if anything happens ...

Edited by MrP3T3 - 01 Nov 2012 at 11:23pm
MrP3T3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrP3T3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 11:51pm
Tried it. Still had to make multiple attempts to get disk to load beyond first "Fox" screen. Finally got movie to load, watched awhile & then attempted to skip chapters, got C++ RE again and had to end WMC with task manager. Task manager said WMC was running, not "not responding".
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 10:54am
This fix was not intended to impact anything but the listed issue.

(I have not had any issue playing the 3D movie disc and I'm not aware of QA reproducing a problem with it.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic