www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

TotalMedia Theatre 5.3.1.195 Release Notes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
hajj_3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hajj_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 3:59am
does this new build have cinavia protection in it or not?
MAtTX7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAtTX7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 4:08am
Originally posted by hajj_3 hajj_3 wrote:

does this new build have cinavia protection in it or not?

All builds after 5.3.1.146 have Cinavia, due to it being a requirement of the licensing for AACS playback

Originally posted by Manni01 Manni01 wrote:

As far as I can see it is the new mkv splitter in build 195. So it should be able to read recent mkv files.
Thanks for information, I should probably have been more 
specific with my question. Anyway the update plays MKV made with MKVToolnix fine.

hajj_3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hajj_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 5:14am
I thought that cinavia was just going to be in v6, could a moderator confirm if this build has cinavia or not please.
Manni01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manni01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 5:27am
No need for a moderator confirmation, Cinavia was introduced in TMT5 build 172, it's in the release notes here:

build 172 release notes

The last build of TMT without cinavia is TMT 5 build 146.

So build 195 has cinavia as well.

Edited by Manni01 - 09 Apr 2013 at 5:30am
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 10:41am
Originally posted by hajj_3 hajj_3 wrote:

I thought that cinavia was just going to be in v6, could a moderator confirm if this build has cinavia or not please.

Cinavia content protection support is required in all new commercial players released after Feb 2012. That includes TMT5 which began including it in build 172 and will include it in all future releases for as long as it remains under development (assuming no changes to the AACS requirements.)
motocrossmann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motocrossmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by ArcSoft_Jason ArcSoft_Jason wrote:

Originally posted by motocrossmann motocrossmann wrote:

Any word on whether this build has the same SSD boot issue as 6.0?   I'm camped out on 5.X until 6 gets patched up.

I didn't time it, but my understanding is that it should not have the 40-60 second delay that the current release of TMT6 has.

Just updated to this build.   It doesn't appear to have the heinous boot bug that TMT6 has for SSD users.   I didn't time it either, but TMT6 was so slow it was obvious.
muranoone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muranoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 10:50am
Originally posted by muranoone muranoone wrote:

Yes there are issues, has this happened to anyone else ?
http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11235&title=tmt5-53-update-crashes-play 

I determined it was from having AnyDVD HD 7.0.71 installed, I completely uninstalled AnyDVD HD and the app worked again. and If I updated to the new version 7.0.80 it also worked without issue.
ryanl2299 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanl2299 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 2:49pm
It looks like HD-DVDs still don't work with this version; was it ever officially mentioned that Arcsoft was dropping HD-DVD support? I was hoping that it was just a fluke with version 172.

Also, while I'm on here has anyone had issues bit-streaming HD audio from blu-rays with this version (they get mixed down to DD and DTS)? I recently upgraded from a 7750 to a 7850 and it might be because of that and/or newer drivers (running 13.4) or it might just be with this version of TMT5. I'm sure that I'll be able to figure it out when I get the chance, just would be nice and save me a little time if someone had the same issues recently and figured it out.
khalidwahidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khalidwahidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 4:09pm
anyone have a link to the full installer and not the update installer for version 5.3.1.195?
ryanl2299 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanl2299 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 1:03am
Well I had a chance to troubleshoot my issue above (no HD audio) and what do know, it's this newest version! Not only is HD-DVD broken, but HD audio doesn't seem to work either (at least with my AMD card). For those interested; uninstalling and then re-installing version 5.3.1.144 seemed to do the trick. Popped in a HD-DVD and I had DD+ come across my receiver's screen. Put in a Blu-ray and had DTS-HD MA. I also noticed that I now have the drop down option for "Original Primary Audio Only" under AV Center once again which was missing for me in the latest version (could only select DD, DTS or Auto mix based on source audio). Hope I helped someone else out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic