www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

TMT5 vs TMT6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Adrian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TMT5 vs TMT6
    Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 8:42am
I have TMT5 and I'm wondering what the differences between TMT5 and TMT6 are?

I know about the "metro" style GUI option - but is there any other significant difference?

And, an unrelated question about both versions - how to I stop the virtual remote appearing every time I start TMT. I use TMT5 on my Media Center PC with a Harmony remote, and I always have to reach for a mouse just so I can get rid of the virtual remote.
MAtTX7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAtTX7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 8:56am
hi, Adrian 

I might be wrong, but I don't think there is a huge amount of difference between TMT5 and TMT6 apart from some bug fixes, and the new Modern UI/Win 8 support.
See link here;

To disable the virtual remote, I usually use Autoruns to disable any start up items I don't want running, other people use msconfig.
Adrian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 9:37am
But the virtual remote is part of TMT isn't - it isn't running separately.
MAtTX7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAtTX7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Adrian3 Adrian3 wrote:

I have disabled it from starting in auto runs. It is not necessary to have it running for TMT 5/6 to work properly. It more of an added extra you can use if you have a IOS or Android enable ddevice to use as a remote control. 
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 11:23am

It runs separately. In Win7 you can easily delete it from Start: All Programs: Startup. In Win8 I believe it's a bit more complicated because the Start menu isn't fully exposed, but I don't know the details off the top of my head.
IT Troll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IT Troll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 3:37pm

I have TMT5 and I'm wondering what the differences between TMT5 and TMT6 are

I am beginning to wonder that myself. I have both and I am having trouble with TMT6 in Media Center and so have reverted to TMT5. I am not sure there is any real functional difference other than the extra GUI option. From the release notes:

NEW FEATURES:
01. Optional Windows 8 touch style UI
02. Intel Haswell support
03. VIA audio card support

If none of those three key features for you, then TMT6 probably doesn't bring much to the table. My only concern is that TMT5 will be mothballed and only TMT6 will continue to be updated. Just like TMT3 which hasn't had an update in well over a year.

Edited by IT Troll - 17 Jun 2013 at 3:44pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 3:39pm
Correct. The Modern style GUI is the primary difference.

The other items should mostly migrate back and forth between both. (ie, a fix for TMT6 in the desktop player should typically migrate to the next TMT5 release, and vice versa.)
Adrian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 5:12pm
Re: Virtual remote - I think you guys are talking about he TMT server that runs in the tray - I've already disabled that.

I was meaning the rectangular thing that appears on screen with direction arrows and a number pad - is there a way to stop that thing appearing over the top of the video?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 6:39pm
Oh, the mouse popup for BD-J discs. Sorry, yes, I was mistaken.

When that first appears, it asks if you want to use it, and then there's also a checkbox that lets you choose never to see the popup again. if you said you want to use it, and also said never to show it again, it's going to do what you asked. :)

To get rid of it, you need to delete the user data SET (or INI?) file stored in your hidden user data/roaming/arcsoft folder. There might also be a way to change the specific key that someone has figured out and posted on the forum, but I never have so many settings I need to maintain to be worth figuring it out. The file will be regenerated in its default state.

Once you're back in the default state, the popup will be available again, and you can chose the No option along with the Never Show Again option to get rid of it.

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 17 Jun 2013 at 6:40pm
Adrian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 6:58pm
OK - thanks Jason, I'll give that a go when I get home.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic