www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Playing 3D BD iso with TMT6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Control4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Control4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playing 3D BD iso with TMT6
    Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 10:31am
I have not found a definitive answer so I am asking on the forum.

Is it possible to play BD iso with Totalmedia Theatre 6?  and if you can do you have to mount the disc every time you play it?
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 11:45am
I've never tried a 3D ISO, but in theory it should be fine provided it's created properly. It shouldn't be any different from a 2D ISO. (But testing yourself in your specific environment is always recommended.)

Yes, you have to virtually insert your virtual disc in your virtual drive (mount it) before you can virtually play it. Smile
Control4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Control4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 12:04pm
I tried with the windows 8 mounting option for iso and it is asking for a valid disc.  I am assuming the virtual mount that is built into win8 is not very compatible. I will try another Virtual disc software, which one do you recommend?  
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 12:35pm

The W8 one must be directly supported as I understand it (and we don't.) So 3rd party required. I've only used the one from Slysoft whatever it's called for the occasional test. Seemed fine but it's not something I look at much at all and have never looked at on W8 specifically.

e.Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e.Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 3:02pm
Yes, Blu-ray 3D ISOs work fine with TMT6, as long as you have the proper video card and display hardware of course. There are programs out there that will take care of the mounting, in addition to giving you nice interfaces to access your movies. Check out MediaBrowser and My Movies. I prefer MediaBrowser 3 myself. If you just want something to do the mounting, go grab Virtual Clonedrive from Slysoft, its free.

-e
Control4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Control4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 6:59am
I actually just built a new machine for with i5 4670 and a Radeon HD7870.  It looks like MediaBrowser and My Movies are WMC plug-ins.  Is the same thing possible with XBMC or MediaPortal?
Manni01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manni01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 8:25am
TMT 6 works great with 3D BD ISOs.
The ISO needs to be mounted before being able to play it.
The Windows 8.x ISO mount is worthless, especially for commercial blurays. You can use tools like Virtual Clone Drive (free download from Slysoft) or Daemon Tools (free version as well). I prefer VCD.
I use Mymovies which is a great WMC plugin, iit drives TMT 5/6 perfectly handling the refresh rate changes in both 2D and 3D and mounting the 2D/3D ISO before launching TMT (or any other player you fancy although the refresh rate handling works better with TMT) to play it.
I use an AMD 6870 and TMT6 works great with it, both for 2D and 3D blurays/ISOs.
No idea about XBMC or Mediaportal, as I'm very happy with MyMovies/TMT/MCE

Edited by Manni01 - 05 Sep 2013 at 8:31am
Control4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Control4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 11:18am
thanks for the help guys; I have some ISOs and have a blu-ray in the drive and I am getting an error message "Please insert valid disc and try again"  any ideas?
Manni01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manni01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 1:12am
Yes, stop using the useless win8.x mounting tool and install one of the recommended tools for the ISOs.
If you are talking about playing the physical disc, make sure you are selecting it and not an ISO mounted by win8. Also check the default disc in TMT settings and make sure it points to a valid drive (physical or virtual).
Make sure it works with the physical disk before trying with ISOs, and make sure you try more than one disc, as your disc might be damaged.
Control4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Control4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 6:12am
@Manni01 Yes, I realized the win8 mounting is not compliant at all, very primitive functionality compared to ACD or Daemon mounting.   I was also unsuccessful with the use of the third party mounting apps as well as AnyDVD HD.  I tried with both TMT5 and TMT6 and it comes down to the OS win8.1, 8.1 RTM was not even properly installing the plugin on WMC.  

Intsalled win8 and everything is working correctly.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic