www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Webcam Monitor Email settings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RusStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RusStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Webcam Monitor Email settings
    Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 7:02pm
Hi

I am using ArcSoft WebCam Companion 2.  One of the options is to set my webcam to monitor and then when the motion sensor is activated it takes a photo and emails it to my email address.  I cant seem to get this function working Cry  I am using Google mail.  To my knowledge I have enabled all settings required Confused

Has anyone had any luck getting this working?

If so..... What email providor did you get it working on and how did you do it.

Thanks in adance Wink
hawgwild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawgwild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2008 at 11:14pm
I am having the same problem. (I use Yahoo) I also can't get the software to send me a mobile message, nor can I ftp to my own server...
axel_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote axel_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2009 at 11:55am
Hi,
I posted the same problem to the mail support, hoping to get some help.
I´m using WebCam Companion 2 on a Lenovo NB with a WebCam OS is Vista Home.
My provider is 1&1, one of germanies major providers, an my login data worked with all kind of software for years.

Greetings
axel
RusStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RusStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 12:59pm

I have also mailed support.  I will post their reply on here.  Keep us updated.

Cheers
RusStar
Livillyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Livillyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 2:12am
hii

i too had trouble finally i have got the solution.
First you should have a id having SMTP enabled
I am using inmail24.com for that
so sign up a account
ex:zzzzzz@inmail24.com

Now in monitoring settings

send to:                                                  u r email address

Outgoing mail(Smtp)server:                    smtp.inmail24.com

sender's Email address:                          zzzzzz@inmail24.com

account name:                                        zzzzzz@inmail24.com

Password:                                               XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

this should work :-)

thanks do reply
JuniorLo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuniorLo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 2:26pm
So for senders email and account name your suppose to put your own email there also? cause i did that and it still wont work... how do you enable smtp?
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 2:52pm
contact your email provider for details about whether they support smtp and what the correct settings are for you.
lally1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lally1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 11:56am
I have entered all correct settings.  Use Virgin Media.  Still can't get monitor to send email.
dranalytical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dranalytical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 8:31am
I made an account just for you guys after experiencing dealing with Arcsofts horrible support.

The easiest way to get this to work is to use a Gmail account.

1. In the first box that says "send to", insert the email address you would like the screenshots mailed to. ie. username@me.com (any email address works here and it is not related to the rest of the setup, it is just where the screenshots will be sent)

2. The "SMTP" for Gmail is smtp.gmail.com ...you do not need to forward the ports for some reason. so you do not need :587 or anything like that. Just smtp.gmail.com

3. In "email address" type the gmail account email address in entirety. ie. "Username@gmail.com"

4. In "Account name" type only the user name of your gmail account.   ie. "username"

5. In "password" type your password and thats it!

I dont know why it is so hard to get a clear answer. It is obvious that it can be frustrating to get the combination just right. I spent forever trying to use my fios outgoing smtp and my google one with ssl ports forwarded to 587, and its all horse hockey for this app. just follow my directions closely and it will work.

So, Go to gmail.com, make an email address. Then follow my directions.

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 02 Nov 2011 at 11:28am
ColombianPride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColombianPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 11:27am
to all;,
 thanks, I just wanted to add this, for those that may still have a problem....
 I made a Gmail Account, and followed: the instructions listed... by "dranalytical".
BUT for my computer It WOULD NOT WORK UNLESS I PLACED "465" IN THE PORT SETTING.
PS iM USING Windows 7 . here is a link to a google supprt page that has some related info..

for me Now it works great -got the email with pic from webcam.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic