www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Processing MPG Files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KenTurner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenTurner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Processing MPG Files
    Posted: 17 Jan 2008 at 12:48am
I am using ArcSoft TotalMedia v3.0.4.109 in conjunction with a Freecom DVB-T USB Stick (in the UK).  My OS is WinXP Pro SP2.

I have successfully recorded a number of TV programmes, but I now wish to edit/burn the MPG files to DVD.  I currently have a large file (approx 4.5GB), and I have tried several DVD Authoring/MPEG File conversion tools (including Nero Vision), but none of them is able to handle the file: sometimes the error message suggests the file format is invalid.

Can anybody suggest a workaround for this problem?

Edited by KenTurner - 17 Jan 2008 at 12:50am
Squire View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2008 at 10:45pm
hello,
Hoe did you receive the Arcsoft program? Was it bundled with a device? If so you may have a limited version of the software.
Thanks
dare2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dare2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 10:09am
I purchased Totalmedia 3.5 full version from this website and I am having the same problem as what Ken is having with his version.

bernd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bernd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2008 at 6:34am
i have found out that installing TMT in vista media center or on vista os  causes problems with mpeg.My problem was that i lost the sound when playing mpeg files (videos).I adressed this problem today to the support perhaps they know a way around this. 
hotattic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotattic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2008 at 12:59am
AngryKen I have the same problem as you but using v3.5 full version. I suspect that files are encrypted as none of my 6 or 7 dvd programs will recognise the files even DVD decrypt. Cant wait to get a workaround just so i can split a file in two and burn each program to DVD _popupControl();
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic