www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

TotalMedia Theatre Trial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
The_Snowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 5:51am
Originally posted by kemac kemac wrote:

Yes the trial and retail versions are the same.

This may or may not be be true, but for myself I am having trouble opening even the folder on hard drive that contains "avi" files. I can drill down to the folder and click on it but it does not show me any files in the folder - any ideas?

On the other hand, it will play a Blu-ray disc for me where PowerDVD (trial also) will not. Cyberlink does not provide a working trial for Blu-ray playing and I could not even find a mention of Blu-ray on the WinDVD site..........
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 11:35am
The INTRO and full versions a definitely indentical except for whether or not they are activated for unlimited use. AVI playback (assuming unlicensed compression codecs on the file) is available permanently regardless of activation status.

I have no problem seeing an AVI file in the folder browser nor playing it in a quick test. The only reason I can think of that it wouldn't appear in the window for you is if it doesn't truly have the .AVI extension on the filename.

pietro99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pietro99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2008 at 10:50pm
I installed the trial version yesterday and so far I love it. But nowhere can I find a way to activate it.

The serial no. of mine begins with reta- which makes it sound like the full version.

Where is the ability to activate the trial version? Can someone please tell me?
davinleeds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davinleeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2008 at 8:41am
I think it's the arcsoft icon/notifier, if you click it it will ask you to register or open TMT and right click window and click arcsoft.  Don't forget about discount.
http://www.arcsoft.com/support/downloads/download_introversion.asp
kemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2008 at 8:44am
Originally posted by pietro99 pietro99 wrote:

I installed the trial version yesterday and so far I love it. But nowhere can I find a way to activate it.

The serial no. of mine begins with reta- which makes it sound like the full version.

Where is the ability to activate the trial version? Can someone please tell me?

After the trial expires you will be prompted to purchase/enter your activation code when you try to play something that requires full activation. 

Edited by kemac - 23 Mar 2008 at 8:45am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2008 at 2:28pm
Correct.

The application never truly "expires". It's what we call an "Introductory" version rather than a "Trial" version. You can use TMT to play things like WMV files forever even if you never pay for it. But if you try to use the Intro version to access the licensed codecs required for HD/BD/DVD formats and similar then it will prompt you to activatite them after a short trial period typically between 2-4 weeks.
pietro99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pietro99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2008 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by ArcSoft_Jason ArcSoft_Jason wrote:

Correct.

The application never truly "expires". It's what we call an "Introductory" version rather than a "Trial" version. You can use TMT to play things like WMV files forever even if you never pay for it. But if you try to use the Intro version to access the licensed codecs required for HD/BD/DVD formats and similar then it will prompt you to activatite them after a short trial period typically between 2-4 weeks.

Arcsoft seems exceedingly generous then. Most companies are at you to purchase from the moment you install a trial version.

On the other hand, I already know I want to purchase as it seems far superior to PDVD, and it's only really in its infancy. So I think the trial version should have an opportunity to activate at any time.

I believe I can purchase online but presumably that means uninstalling the trial or is the full version installed over the top? Also I won't buy till I found out about the advertised 30% discount. The message screen at the bottom right of the desktop gives you the opportunity to go to the website to get this....though as someone has remarked in another thread it doesn't seem to work.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2008 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by pietro99 pietro99 wrote:

Arcsoft seems exceedingly generous then. Most companies are at you to purchase from the moment you install a trial version.

We're trying something different. Whether it turns out to be good or bad for business and how long it lasts (if it's bad :P) remains to be seen. I expect it's here to stay but it's pioneer stage at the moment.

Quote On the other hand, I already know I want to purchase as it seems far superior to PDVD, and it's only really in its infancy. So I think the trial version should have an opportunity to activate at any time.

It's a fair criticism. I thought it did, as many of the apps do, but it appears there isn't an option in the menus where I expected it to be.

Quote I believe I can purchase online but presumably that means uninstalling the trial or is the full version installed over the top? Also I won't buy till I found out about the advertised 30% discount. The message screen at the bottom right of the desktop gives you the opportunity to go to the website to get this....though as someone has remarked in another thread it doesn't seem to work.

You're correct about downloading the full version. If you go that route, uninstalling the Intro version prior to installing is the best course of action.

Regarding the coupon, I think there may be some misunderstanding as that's a coupon for using the activation function specifically, so it wouldn't apply if you went to the web and tried to order the full version from the e-store. It's supposed to work when you use the activation function within the app but, as reported, there may be some issue with doing so in TMT specifically. Follow the other thread for details.
pietro99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pietro99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2008 at 8:18pm
So if there is no activation tab in the trial version, how exactly does it work when the message you need to activate finally appears in 2-4 weeks? Presumably you are taken to the website to pay, but how do you finally activate the program?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2008 at 11:01am
It's all built in, and pretty straightforward once the dialog appears. First it will ask you to "personalize" your software if you haven't ever done this with an ArcSoft product which is basically just entering your name. Then it will show you a screen that allows you to fill in your payment info and then automatically activate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic