www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

TotalMedia Theatre Trial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
davinleeds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davinleeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TotalMedia Theatre Trial
    Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 11:23am
Installed this trial and so far I like it.  Played AC/DC when Cyberlink would not.   Will add more info as I test.

Does not play Heart Alive Seattle.  Could not find an ADJ_OBT file on the disk.
Cyberlink plays it fine.

Edited by davinleeds - 26 Jan 2008 at 12:11pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davinleeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2008 at 7:32am
Is the trial  the same as the retail version.   I have not been able to play TS and TRP files.  Works great for HD.

TS files work but TRP is unsupported. 

There is also a hidden updater that accesses internet every couple days.

Edited by davinleeds - 22 Jan 2008 at 8:30pm
kemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2008 at 12:34pm
Yes the trial and retail versions are the same.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davinleeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2008 at 5:28pm
Everything I have thrown at it has played. 

Some Issues.  As usual the first, King Kong.  Some sutter and up to 81% cpu.  With PDVD much better sound but with only 73% cpu usage.  Camera function, no.  Some have mentioned this is available.  For me only on rips and VERY few disks.

Adding again as in AVS posts that the sound options are the decider here.  Video may be better or equal but the audio options are #1.  If they kill that, forget it.   Are you listening ArC?

Edited by davinleeds - 23 Jan 2008 at 5:31pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davinleeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 3:08pm
Can someone at ArcSoft comment on the higher cpu usage verses PowerDVD?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davinleeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2008 at 7:02pm
Played more disks.  PDVD would not play Bourne U-it's played it twice before.
Theater played with stutter.
With ArcSoft:
Forbidden Planet-audio stutter, PDVD none
Children of Men-audio stutter, PDVD none
Superman Returns-some audio sutter
Dune-audio stutter, crashed while changing audio.  PDVD no stutter

So we are 2 for 1 in my library for playback, but numerous titles stutter in TMT whereas all that play don't stutter in PDVD.  Basically, which will provide the most trouble free playback?

Looks like I need both.  Sigh!

Can we get some comments from the management?

Tried Bourne U again and it played flawlessly.  In both Cyber and TMT.  TMT again a little higher in cpu.

Edited by davinleeds - 30 Jan 2008 at 5:05pm
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2008 at 4:00pm

dp

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 28 Jan 2008 at 4:07pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2008 at 4:06pm
er. let's try that again:

"Can we get some comments from the management?"

The forums are set up for user discussion, and user-to-user assistance.

If you would like direct feedback from ArcSoft issues should be reported to customer service through the appropriate channels.

We have a fairly detailed customer service tracking system and we need items in the system to generate accurate response tracking, bug resolution, and statistical analysis of reported issues.

Hopefully that explains why, while we monitor these boards, direct responses will tend to be infrequent, partcularly when it's clearly a technical support issue.

-Jason
 ArcSoft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davinleeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2008 at 5:00pm
I can understand the business side, You have an agreement to provide this software with limitations--no problem.  Now My biggest issue with ALL the providers of HD playware is that you are not PROACTIVE.  IF you provided software updates anticipating releases-they would play and I would be happy for what I paid for!  Wild  concept!  Worst  thing is to pay $25 for a release, sit down, pop corn, and the damn thing won't play.  Why do you see rippers?  That's all we want==consistency for playback.   Thanks Jason for posting.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 3:43pm
It's a fair criticism.

The unfortunate reality is that despite our partner status, we (as far as I have ever seen) have mostly the same access to content that you do obtained the same way (assuming you're getting them from retail stores :P.) It would be great if the studios supported this segment of the market for exactly the reason you mention, but I haven't seen it much yet, and as they ramp up the amount of content, the odds would seem to diminish rather than improve.

Software HD playback is still in its infancy--not to mention the HD content design, and there will be some growing pains as the format(s) settle. Over time, the trouble spots should get ironed out and there will be far fewer cases like 3:10 to Yuma.

-Jason
 ArcSoft
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic