www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

TotalMediaTheatre HD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
kemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by ArcSoft_Jason ArcSoft_Jason wrote:

PDVD is normally a good comparison point, but in this case the Windows Vista configuration is better.

We have a test system here with the exact same problem. However, it can be recreated in the Windows Vista audio controls "Configuration" screens outside of TMT so it appears to be related to the OS or driver rather than TMT. You might want to do the same test on your system. (So far, we haven't found a solution for that particular system to get 7.1 working.)

Both Vista Control Panel speaker tests and the Auzentech driver work propery.  I also have Nero8 installed and that does 7.1 successfully as well.
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 2:04pm
I tested 3:10 to Yuma's PCM 7.1 audio and it's working fine. I couldn't find a Dolby 7.1 disc to test from our collection--(do they exist?). DTS 7.1 has not passed certification and is not advertised as supported at this time.
kemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 7:32pm
I have not tested a 7.1 track, I have the issue with 5.1 tracks not mapping to the correct channels when set to 7.1 or 5.1 in TMT.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2008 at 11:04am
I'm not sure what you consider to be wrong. If you have a 7.1 speaker setup, and run 5.1 audio, then proper behavior, as I understand it, is no sound to the unsupported side speakers. Run the audio configuration test in Windows. It won't send anything through the side speakers when configured to 5.1 either. Right now, I don't see any incorrect mapping of channels like the previous right/center mixup.

If you're asking if we have some non-standard support to feed audio to the additional speakers (should they exist) I don't believe we do, but it's never really come up before. I can ask around next time I run into the right person...

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 12 Mar 2008 at 11:06am
kemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2008 at 8:33am

I'm not sure what you consider to be wrong. If you have a 7.1 speaker setup, and run 5.1 audio, then proper behavior, as I understand it, is no sound to the unsupported side speakers. Run the audio configuration test in Windows. It won't send anything through the side speakers when configured to 5.1 either. Right now, I don't see any incorrect mapping of channels like the previous right/center mixup.

If you're asking if we have some non-standard support to feed audio to the additional speakers (should they exist) I don't believe we do, but it's never really come up before. I can ask around next time I run into the right person...

OK I misunderstood the 7.1/5.1 behavior based on the behavior or some other software players.  (I get sound from all 8 channesl with a 5.1 title)  I did try some 7.1 PCM disks (WEEDS Season 2 and season 1) and I don't get any sound our of the side right channel.  Do you have any of those to test?

I also just tried Talledega Nights PCM track via VMC plugin and noticed the center channel is mapped to the right channel, it plays OK outside of VMC.

Edited by kemac - 16 Mar 2008 at 11:46am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2008 at 11:08am
Quote OK I misunderstood the 7.1/5.1 behavior based on the behavior or some other software players.

What player? We can take a look at it here. It's possible that if we feel it's a better solution that we may impliment the same thing in the future.

Quote I did try some 7.1 PCM disks (WEEDS Season 2 and season 1) and I don't get any sound our of the side right channel.  Do you have any of those to test?

Left Side is working, but Right Side fails? That's odd.... Don't have WEEDS, but we have a number of 7.1 PCM discs. I can check when time permits. (EDIT: Confirmed this issue.)

Quote I also just tried Talledega Nights PCM track via VMC plugin and noticed the center channel is mapped to the right channel, it plays OK outside of VMC.

I'll check this one as well. (EDIT: Could not reproduce this issue on 300 or 3:10 to Yuma PCM tracks in Media Center UI when set to either 5.1 or 7.1)

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 17 Mar 2008 at 6:55pm
kemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2008 at 6:53pm

What player? We can take a look at it here. It's possible that if we feel it's a better solution that we may impliment the same thing in the future.

I also have Showtime4 (Nero8) and PDVD7.  I just ran a test with both using the 6 Channel PCM track of "Click" with Prelude/ analog out and and these where my results. 

All players configured for 7.1 speaker config, no post processing except for Showtime4 which only allows you to set output mode to "default".  It must apply some processing by default with a 5.1 track since all 8 channels where active.

Show4 - All channels active.

PDVD - All channels active except BR, BL
(Has output option to provide post processing like CLMEI2, Neo6, DDEX to allow for all channels active)

TMT - All Channels active except SR, SL and BR.

Let me know if you need me to run any additional test or can provide additional information, thanks for assistance Jason.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2008 at 7:01pm
See my results edited into my post above.

I'm not sure what you mean by this bit:

Quote TMT - All Channels active except SR, SL and BR.

It sounds like you're saying back right is broken now in 5.1 which I've never heard mentioned.
kemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 9:35am

See my results edited into my post above.

I'm not sure what you mean by this bit:

Quote TMT - All Channels active except SR, SL and BR.

It sounds like you're saying back right is broken now in 5.1 which I've never heard mentioned.

Yeah for some reason I wasn't getting sound from my back right channel with this disk, I will try a few more tonight.  Keep in mind I am using an install of Extreme incase there is a difference in updates to 109.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 11:45am
109 in TMT solo vs TME should not make any difference. Fileset is completely identical.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic