www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

TME Full version TMT will not play

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ppgpaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TME Full version TMT will not play
    Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 3:36pm
Ok. this is my last resort. I just purchased the full retail version of TM Extreme(4/5/08). This is for my HTPC  , with main use as a DVD video player. BEFORE I made my purchase  , I did a reinstall of Vista Ultimate 32 bit. Downloaded all updates. Reinstalled NVideo card and drivers(nx8500gt/HDMI). Updated drivers for my new LG GGC-H20L HD/Blu-Ray drive. All these items are inside a HP z565 DEC pc , connected via HDMI to my new Mits DLP.

After all of the above , I purchased the TME package on Arcsoft site. Download went smoothly . I restarted and opened TME , then TMT and placed a HD-DVD in drive. TMT control panel allowed eject/insert of disc. Pressed 'play' . The drive spins for about 20 sec and then stops. NO PLAY. The screen will resize slightly , but then nothing. I uninstalled TME , reinstalled it and restarted. Same thing happens. Check for updates for EVERYTHING. Still no play. Tried several HD & BD discs

I frustation , I installed the PowerDVD OEM disc that came with the LG drive. Unpon completion of install , PowerDVD instantly opened and recognized the disc(s). Playback is fine with no errors.

My last attempt was to download TMT trial version alone. After install and restart , same problems as with TME except this time states' insert  valid disc'. Uninstalled and reinstalled with ALL anti virus 'off'. Opens fine , but will not play .

I called tech and all my drivers are latest.

Maybe you can help. I really like the layout and would hate to give up.

Paul

Graham24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 1:12am
I have exactly the same problem and posted a request to ArcSoft, I'm still waiting for a response.  Did you find a reason/solution to the problem
ppgpaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 9:51pm

Actually , I did just recently resolved my problem. I have Vista Ult. It seems that TME/Vista with the LG combo HD/BD drive requires that the BIOS be set to IDE. After asking tech for help and reinstalling Vista several times     , I read on AVS forum that this may be the issue.  Sure enough , went into BIOS on start-up , set drive control to IDE , rebooted , and to my happy surprise everything plays. HD , BD , even the tough discs like Resident Evil Extinction play fine. SmileClap

At one point I was so frustrated that I purchased WINDVD 9 Plus BD. That works pretty good , save a few issues with full screen centering on HD/BD. I do like their SD-DVD upsampling. If used properly , it really can make a SD near HD. Either way , it's good to have a back-up player.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic