www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Windows 7 Media Center and TME

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
zigzagzok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigzagzok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 7 Media Center and TME
    Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 6:12pm
Just bought a copy of TME; and am running windows 7 ultimate 64;
Windows Media Center plug in dont seem to work;
I can lauch the TMT player fine from within the TME home page but when i try to launch within Media Center it just gets a blank screen
Have tried reinstalling TME but still does not work :(
can anyone help?

btw does tmt extreme support archiving of bluray iso to the harddisk?

System Config
HDAV Sonar 1.3 Delux
Asus EAH5770
i860 on a Asus mb....

much thks!

Edited by zigzagzok - 18 Dec 2009 at 6:31pm
davinleeds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davinleeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 6:53pm
phenry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 12:52pm
This annoying thing is happening to me too:

Win7 Pro 64-bit Pro. After installing and registering TME, I can nicely play Blu-rays ripped with AnyDVD using the TotalMedia Theater application. This goes for both ripped-subfolder versions of a movie as well as ISO rips. Nice -- much better than CyberLink PowerDVD 9 which I dumped because of the annoying adverts on my PAID version!

Anyway, when I launch WMC7, the ArcSoft TMT menu shows up (just like Movies, Music, etc.) with a control to "Play BD & HD DVD". Selecting that opens a blue screen that covers the WMC window and, after a while, WMC exits with a crash dump.

The same thing happens if I try to navigate to a movie via the WMC Movies menu and play a ripped movie from there.

Seeing that there's nothing on the forum, I shall be submitting a tech support request and will post any answer I get.
tlitchfo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlitchfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 9:35am
I'm getting a similar/same problem.  TMT3 Platinum works fine from the desktop but won't launch from WMC7 even though there's a menu item with a launch button.  I click on the button and get a black screen like it's trying to change the TV's input source and then it drops back into the WMC7 screen.  You can keep clicking on the TMT3 button and it will eventually blue screen WMC7 and force a system reboot.  Any suggestions?
phenry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 8:07pm
Finally, after having been bounced around tech support for nearly two weeks with answers completely irrelevant to my question, today I received the following answer:

Response (zoe) 1/3/2010 6:23:42 PM 
Hello Phil,
Thank you for using our products and your feedback.
We have check it with our engineers and find that the TMT module in TME is little old for Win7 64 bit MCE. We will update it in the next version. Please wait patiently.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your understanding and interest in our product.

Regards,
ArcSoft Support"
_________________________________________________________________________________

So, not much of an answer -- don't have any idea when they will deliver the fix and, in the meantime, I've paid a lot of money for a product in which the advertised functionality doesn't work... Angry

tlitchfo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlitchfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 10:40pm
I'm running 32-bit Windows 7, so I don't think the problem has been addressed.  TMT3 works fine form the desktop, but the MC7 integration doesn't work.  I have the menu item, and if you click on it it will start TMT3 because you get audio, but it drops out of MC7 to the TMT3 screen.  It looks like it's trying, but eventually it returns to the MC7 start menu.  Then if you click on the TMT3 icon enough it will eventually bluescreen or blackscreen forcing a hard system reboot.
sschrupp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sschrupp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 10:33am
Evidently they still haven't fixed this. Clicking the TMT3 add-in from MC7 looks like it wants to work then goes back to MC7. Trying to play a BluRay from MC7's "Movie" section looks like it want to work but then it freezes the system requiring me to manually turn off the system.

This happens on 2 of my computers both running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and much different hardware besides both having an nVidia card but different models.

Running TMT3 from the desktop does work, but I bought it for the advertised ability to work flawlessly with MC7.
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 2:07pm
Different issue. The previous posters were talking about TMT2 not TMT3. TMT3 fully supports Win7 including Win7-64 and generally works fine in both standalone and Media Center versions. Granted, there appears to be some problem with your environement, but it's not what's discussed above.
odditory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odditory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 8:39pm
You guys should check out MediaBrowser (www.mediabrowser.tv) to drive TMT3 from 7MC as an external player - works flawlessly.

I'm running latest TMT3 Platinum on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, zero issues playing back Blurays and even bitstreaming with the MC-integrated version of the TMT3 player.
sgtpokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtpokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 7:37pm
Hello,
I've been running TMT3 in Vista Media Center fine for over a year but recently have built a new 64-bit windows media center machine

I purchased and installed a new copy of TMT3 platinum and the media Center plugin does not work, similarly to the previous posters.

See the description on the green button forums:

is it supposed to work with 64 bit windows Media Center or not?  And if so, what am I doing wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic