www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Total Media Studio MV-upgrade ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
COULSTOCK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COULSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Total Media Studio MV-upgrade ?
    Posted: 06 May 2008 at 2:02am
I've installed Total Media Studio MV v 2.0.0.43 on my Vista (Home) laptop.  I received the software on a CD after purchasing an AIPTEK palmcorder.   I've also received and installed a copy of Photo Impression v 5.2.0.103.

Should I upgrade any of these packages
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 4:43pm
TotalMedia Extreme updates based on the version of the core app (TME) rather than the version of the modules, so while that number sounds fairly recent,  I can't say off the top of my head if it's the latest. But the app has auto update built right in--just select the Extras: Product Update (or similar--sometimes the wording or menu location are a bit different) option and it will tell you if a newer version as available and automatically download/install it.

PhotoImpression 5 is an older app and has two major (ie paid) upgrades. There was PhotoImpression 6, and now the product has been replaced with MediaImpression which has video functions as well. In both cases, the program has changed drastically, and I would encourage you to actually download a trial/introductory version and test it yourself before deciding whether to upgrade. Most people like the newer version, but a few prefer the features or organization of the older release. If you're one of the people who like the new one, you're eligible for a discount if you register and purchase through the e-store. (Note the activation function within some of the products doesn't support upgrade discounts, but it does currently offer an alternative discount for the first activation. Pick and choose whichever option gives the best price.)

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 07 May 2008 at 4:48pm
COULSTOCK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COULSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:39am
OK-Thanks for the advice
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic