www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Suddenly need an activation code I don't even have

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AnderzP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnderzP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suddenly need an activation code I don't even have
    Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 7:54am
I have purchased an EzCap online and got the ShowBiz 2 software with it. I have a serial number and such, and I don't think I was prompted to go anywhere to register anything at the time, and thus I never did.

Everything worked fine and also after I had bought a new laptop and installed everything on this one instead.

But all of a sudden something has changed, and I'm no longer allowed to use the software - instead I'm being told I have a trial version and need an activation code and am prompted to buy one for $99.99. I don't have any such activation code!

I have registered my product when I found ArcSoft's site when I searched for help on this and sent an inquiry on the matter on November 27, and I haven't heard anything at all since. I did get the e-mail confirming the inqiury had been received, but by now I have no support history, it's like the matter has just vanished.

My new laptop had a faulty DVD drive on delivery and I copied the contents of the DVD on another borrowed laptop to an external harddisc to be able to install the software on my new laptop that way. The borrowed laptop was old and pretty slow, so I also tried to find the software for download meanwhile, and I don't remember for sure if I installed the software from anything downloaded or from the copied files from the DVD I have. Maybe the major reason is that I have some kind of the wrong version if I came to run the downloaded software, and that that became "trial" by default?

Still I would need to get that activation code, I can't see i would be supposed to spend more money than I've already paid for the EzCap once more for that code, right?

I have registered my software and the serial number supplied in my name now, and would need to know - do I HAVE the code I need, and if so, where? Or could you please see to it to create one and supply it to me?
AnderzP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnderzP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:10am

On the backside of the simple paper cover the disc came in there is a label with "ArcSoft ShowBiz DVD 2" and what could be assumed to be appropriate activation code with no more info on what that code is. Then there's a lable with "BlazeVideo Magic" and "S/N:" followed by an apparent serial number. However, none of these work as activation codes.

AnderzP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnderzP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:20am
I liked being able to use that EzCap and have lots of use for it, it's VERY annoying that I at the moment can not.
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 11:35am
You can't download a full version of ShowBiz without paying for it.

You can't activate a trial version unless you purchase the activation code within that trial version.

It sounds like you've done neither of those. It sounds like you got a copy of ShowBiz on a CD with your EZCap device. In such a case, you must reinstall ShowBiz from that exact CD. If you've lost that CD, then you would need to contact the makers of EZCap and see what their policy is for replacing lost discs.

(ArcSoft is not involved in any way with replacing software or discs for the hundreds of different vendors who bundle our software with their devices. We only handle such issues for customers who purchase software directly from us and are thus in our customer database which is seperate from the registration database.)

I'm not sure what happened with your CS inquiry. While some inquiries fall through the cracks, they generally have a ticket ID number. It sounds like you have looked in your support history and don't see one. That's pretty strange, but unfortunately there's no real recourse other than to open a new incident if you still have questions. They're generally answered within 2-3 business days, and you should be able to check your support history within about 15 minutes of submissing and see your new ticket and it's ID# there. If you have a ticket that hasn't been answered within a week, feel free to share the ID# and I'll look into the delay.

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 26 Jan 2011 at 11:38am
AnderzP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnderzP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 12:48pm
That explains a lot, it must have been the downloaded software I installed the last time before I found the disc I had, not even knowing it would not be the same thing. Hope it works from the disc again, I have just uninstalled the one that needed activation now... :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic