www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

protect copyright for capture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lagoyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagoyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: protect copyright for capture
    Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 1:15pm
Found this on another thread which resolves the problem Smile

Originally posted by HenkiePenkie HenkiePenkie wrote:

From another forum: http://www.ezcap.tv/forum/index.php?topic=654.0

Originally posted by www.ezcap.tv/forum www.ezcap.tv/forum wrote:

Do you get the message:
video is copyright protected, video capture will not resume

Even though it is your own home movies you are trying to capture? Why this happens we are not quite sure. Is it a bug? I'm not sure what it is but what we have noticed is every so often a customer will mail us stating this is the message they are getting and capture stops.

Below is the fix. This will disable the copyright protection pop up.

>>>>>>>>>>

You have to edit a configuration file.

Navigate to:
C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia ShowBiz\com.ArcSoft.CaptureModule\

Open "CaptureModule.ini" with notepad. Add "ProtectOn=0" under "[CaptureModule]" and save.

If it does not let you save, it is because your pc user permissions need to be changed.
Right click on the file, select properties
select "security" at the top
click on "users" and click on the "edit" box
Put a click in all the boxes and click on "apply"

Now it will let you edit and save the file.
Lagoyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagoyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 1:03pm
I am having the same issues copying from some old VHS tapes which contain family video shot on a camcorder. The source is old and noisy and I am wondering if the noise is causing something to interpret it as something like Macrovision source copy protection. This is very frustrating!
markyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:25am
hi ya, im new here,
i read ur msg. & im having problems capturing my 8mm tapes from my camcorder too, it keep saying "cannot record video.  The content is copy-protected".  so do you know why it do this?? it only my home video's!! sometimes it do 5min ok the the same msg come up!! hope you can help me. many thanks!!
rvb1709 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvb1709 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 10:10am
to capture my 8mm tapes video message protected by copyright for the capture and canceled
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic