www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

No sound on uploaded videos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jlo3603 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jlo3603 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No sound on uploaded videos
    Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 11:55am
I just got a Kodak PlaySport mini-camcorder and took a bunch of videos with it. I could hear the sound when i replayed the videos on the Play Sport, but after I transferred the videos to my Toshiba netbook (running Windows 7) I could only see the videos, but no sound at all. I've checked that the sound is otherwise working fine on my laptop. Any ideas of how to fix this??
Cameronian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameronian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 7:43am
I dont have a camcorder but I do have a camera that takes movie clips and when I download the movie clips to my PC and then check them using Windos Explorer there are two identically named files but with different file extention names, one file (large Mb) is for the video and the other (small kb) is for the audio.
If you connect your camcorder to your PC/Laptop and then open Windows Explorer or any other file handler software on your computer you should be able to navigate through the directory(s) (folder(s)) of your camcorder to locate the directory that holds your clip(s) to see if there is one or two files pertaining to each clip and then check what clips were actually downloaded onto your PC/Laptop.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Cameronian - 14 Mar 2011 at 7:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic