www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

webcam not working!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrsfmbrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsfmbrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: webcam not working!
    Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 5:48am
without warning my webcam isn't working. I opened arcsoft connect but nothing happens. what can I do?
the blue light on my laptop doesn't go on but my webcam easy button is enabled....help!

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 16 Jun 2011 at 12:32pm
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 12:38pm

Generally, the first step is to test with a second application that supports webcams. Skype, or Yahoo Messenger or one of many other apps you might have installed with webcam support. If that works, then it indicates there's a problem with a particular application. If it fails, that means you have a problem with the camera (hardware) itself or the camera drivers.

If that test confirms the problem is with a particular application contact the app vendor (this could be ArcSoft) and explain that the app isn't working but you have confirmed that the camera itself is fine and list which applications prove it's working.

If the initial test shows that all apps fail, the easiest thing to try is reinstalling the camera drivers. If you aren't sure how to do that, contact the camera vendor.

If you've reinstalled the drivers, and the camera still doesn't work, it's possible the camera hardware itself is broken, but it might still be worth contacting the hardware vendor and letting them confirm whether or not they agree that's the case.
mrsfmbrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsfmbrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 3:35am
Wacko thanks for the quick response to my webcam issues. Skype has audio but no picture output. How do I reinstall drivers for webcam?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic