www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Error Message: "Cannot connect to Internet..."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
holybull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holybull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error Message: "Cannot connect to Internet..."
    Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 1:39pm
In my search I saw others with this problem, but have not seen a solution offered. I'm sure it's out there and please link me if possible. 

I downloaded the software through my new Kodak Zi10 and put some clips together easily enough to make a video. Then when I tried to upload it to Youtube I kept getting the error message:

"Cannot connect to Interenet. check your Internet connection and try again."

My Internet connection was fine, and have tried uploading the video three times. I get all the way to the step of attaching titles and tags to activate the upload button, but then I keep getting that error message. 

Would appreciate any advice. 
holybull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holybull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 4:06pm
When I try to upload the video directly from YouTube, I get these messages:

We did not recognize the format of this file, but we will try to process it anyway. See this article on recommended formats for more information.
Alert icon
We did not recognize the video codec format for this file, but we will go ahead and try processing it anyway. See this article on recommended formats for more information.
Alert icon
We did not recognize the audio format for this file, but we will try to process it anyway. See this article on recommended formats for more information.
The video says its in an approved fromat, but YouTube apparently can't read it. 
Any suggestions for a work around?
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 11:47am

Most AV container formats can have all sorts of different video and audio formats within them, and YouTube only supports the most common.

You haven't mentioned what type of file you tried, and what type of audio and video it contains, but the obvious thing to try is resaving as a different format from YouTube's list. I'd start with WMV as that's pretty standardized.
holybull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holybull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 5:36pm
Thanks for the response Jason.  I should haven mentioned that I did do that obvious thing before posting, saving it as an .MOV and .WMV as suggested by YouTube. 

But I still had exactly the same error messages when I tried to upload. 
holybull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holybull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 8:00am
When I try to repair the software by going through the control panel, I get this error message. 

What's going on?
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 12:35pm
It needs the disc/installer available. This may be unavailable based on the special method Kodak uses (if you've got one that installs from the camera itself by creating, then removing a temporary file on the hard drive.) Repair won't do anything anyway. It just recopies the files which pretty clearly aren't damaged if you're able to launch the application. Uninstall/Reinstall is always the better option when trying to "reset" things.

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 07 Jul 2011 at 12:37pm
holybull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holybull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 10:01pm
Thanks for staying with this Jason. I did an uninstall and reinstall, actually tried that a couple of times, and had exactly the same error messages (after filling in description, title, tags...video seems to render and then error message "Cannot connect to Internet. Check your Internet connection and try again" pops up. 

I've also tried uploading through the YouTube interface, and get failed to upload for "unknown" reason. 

And yes, this is one a program loads directly from the camera (Zi10). 

By the way, I had contacted Kodak, and was following their instructions on trying the "repair" tactic. 

What's my next move? 
holybull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holybull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 9:34pm
Little help?
holybull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holybull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 8:26pm
This is incredible. I'm now hearing that the Arcsoft Software that comes with the Kodak Playtouch video camera is incompatible with YouTube. Can somebody confirm? Or is there anybody out there who can upload from their Zi10 to Youtube?

Trying Vimeo now and it looks like it might work there, but wtf?
holybull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holybull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 10:10pm
Yeah...it works on Vimeo.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic