www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

TotalMedia Theater 3 - Dolby Digital Decoder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Coolman565 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolman565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TotalMedia Theater 3 - Dolby Digital Decoder
    Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:39am
Hi all,

When I got my Asus 1201n netbook, it came pre-installed with TotalMedia Theater 3.
When I play .mkv formats it comes up with the error Dolby Digital Decoder not available and so there is no sound. Files are not corrupt as they work with other media software.
Can someone please help or suggest why this error occurs?

Many Thanks :)
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 2:00pm
ASUS apparently has chosen not to license Dolby decoders for their OEM version of TMT3. (This reduces their costs.)

If this functionality is important to you, you might consider trying out our retail version of TMT5 which does include such functionality. (Registering your OEM version of TMT3 should also allow for discounted pricing.)

APCjoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APCjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 9:59am
Jason-I have this same problem with my TotalMedia Showbiz 3.  The videos I created with a Type:AC3 audio format will not play the audio in the editor.  Do I need to upgrade to Version 5?   The TotalMedia Showbiz 3 came pre-loaded in my HP ProBook 4525s.  Any help is much appreciated! 
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 12:06pm

I'm not sure about the featureset of SB5 in regards to audio. I'd guess decode/encode support for Dolby 2 channel as that's fairly standard but I could easily be wrong. Contact customer service when the product is released and see what they say.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic