www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Magic-i on sony vaio with skype

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kuanhsu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuanhsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magic-i on sony vaio with skype
    Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 8:04am
Computer: Sony VAIO VPCCB16
Software: Skype 4.2
ArcSoft product: Magic-i Visual Effects 2/Webcam Companion 4 (bundled with new computer)

The problem with Magic-i is that every time I use Skype on full screen mode, the magic-i pop-up window interrupts my conversation. After I close the offending Magic-i window, it can pop-up again randomly during the conversation.

I definitely DO NOT need to adjust color, saturation, etc. EVERY time, EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. After searching for hours, I could not find a "settings" or personalization option to get rid of the annoying and unnecessary pop up window that interrupts me.

There has to be a way to avoid random pop ups and let the user gain access to the image settings only when necessary.
kuanhsu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuanhsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 8:57pm
what? no answer/solution? really?
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 6:15pm

It's possible other end users are not experiencing the issue you're reporting and so no responses. I've never noticed anything like that mentioned before. We don't have the Sony hardware to try to replicate your situation, so the best bet is probably Sony customer service.

kuanhsu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuanhsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 10:08pm
Jason, I have been using Skpe for a long time, problem is I don't know my way into the Magi-I settings to disable the pop-up function.
It's honestly quite stupid for a software to ask for setting the camera parameters every time it is used.
For lack of a better analogy, it's like if when I am running Windows Media Player to watch a movie, a window pop-ups to demand readjusting color, saturation, volume, etc. randomly through the movie, minimizing the movie window. To top it off, when I close the pop-up, it will come out again randomly again and again, no matter how many times I close it.
Arcsoft should probably get to work on improving user experience.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 11:58am
I agree, it doesn't make sense. I've also never seen it happen, and we're not getting other reports of it happening that I've ever seen. It seems to be some sort of bug specific to your system. It's also possible it's specific to Sony's platform (which we don't have as I mentioned above) but I think that Sony would agree with your assessment as well, and if it were happening extensively on their platform then they would have informed us of the issue and requested it be fixed. But that hasn't happened to my knowledge either--and we've been shipping with them for years.

So the course of action for you with the highest likelyhood of results remains the same--contact Sony customer service. See if they can resolve or recreate the issue on your system. If they resolve it, great, you're done. If they recreate it, great, they can report it to us and provide hardware on loan if necessary so we can fix it.

Further discussing a phantom anomoly here doesn't benefit you much (beyond netting advice about a better avenue toward a possible resolution I guess...)

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 28 Oct 2011 at 12:02pm
kuanhsu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuanhsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 11:55pm
Not such a "phantom" anomaly apparently:
http://www.arcsoft.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6443&title=magici-on-sony-vaio-with-skype
(this isn't me, I actually used the same title for the thread on purpose)
Of course I have already contacted sony, they have acknowledged the problem, and they have attributed the issue to arc-soft, if not skype. Convenient for all, except the user.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 11:36am
Fair enough. The avenue toward resolution remains the same. If Sony has truly acknowledged (recreated) the problem, then they should be reporting it to ArcSoft along with how to recreate it, and supplying applicable hardware if necessary, then supplying you with an updated version since we cannot release such fixes directly to customers. We can only build patches to Sony's specifications, and it will only be released once they approve it. So Sony remains your point of contact.
Kobe-Dane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kobe-Dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 4:35am
Not really a reply this but my coz is Germany has Sony Vaio and is having the same problem with an Arc Soft Magic-I pop up blocking his camera. It is clear from a quick scan there are lots of folks out there with a wide variety of platforms with one common feature they all have Arc Soft Magic-I on their machines......."ArcSoft's answer to all these dissatisfied customers is going to be.....hey it's a hardware problem contact the maker" .....I guess that route is doomed to failure. The most popular fix seems to be uninstall the Arcsoft software and don't touch any of their other products......Lets face it a program that boasts that it enhances the chat experience and yet stops Skype from working properly.......has to have something seriously wrong with it......
Check out these links for further edification

I would estimate that just these few links show an awareness of a problem with the Magic-I software and it comes across that Arcsoft are unaware of it or ducking the issue instead of trying to resolve it and get it right......Shame on Arcsoft!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 11:54am
See the post directly above yours. We cannot release ANYTHING to Sony customers without Sony approval per our agreement with Sony. We're happy to work with Sony on fixing any issues they would like us to fix and share it with their customers as they want it shared. If you have a problem with that, contact Sony.
waxpoet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waxpoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 1:07pm
Nice response. So you know there's an issue, you know that something needs to be done about it. But you won't until Sony tells you to instead the users? I wonder why it is that Arcsoft couldn't fix the issue and let Sony know about the problem and solution? Oh, because it sounds like work that can be put off. Awesome. LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic