www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

TotalMedia Theatre 5.2.1.119 Release Notes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 45>
Author
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by richardmk richardmk wrote:

just installed 119.

If i set my resolution to 1920 x 1080p 24hz, as soon as TMT runs a bluray it switches to 60Hz evrytime!

I am running an NV GT430 with the switching option unticked and greyed out so i assume it should not be even trying to change resolutions.

I am running it under windows 7 64 bit.

I have a 450 rather than a 430 but I have not seen that.

Driver version?

Is this a single display or multiple displays?

HDMI connected?

AVR?

3D capable?

Is "Play 3D Blu-ray's in 3D" checked or unchecked in TMT's 3D settings? (And does changing it make any difference.)
bruce73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:26pm

If i set my resolution to 1920 x 1080p 24hz, as soon as TMT runs a bluray it switches to 60Hz evrytime!

I am running an NV GT430 with the switching option unticked and greyed out so i assume it should not be even trying to change resolutions.

I'm having a similar issue with 3D via a GT-430 (280.26) and Win 7/64.  With my Samsung DLP, it *must* be set on 1080@60 for 3D playback and be a direct connection to the vid card through the TV's PC port.  So I have an extended desktop using this port for 3D playback only via the GT-430's DVI output, and a regular HDMI connection routed through my Denon AVR for the main desktop and all other uses of the HTPC (including 2D bluray playback).

But, now with 3D, every 10 seconds or so, my set blanks out as if it trying to reset the resolution, but always comes back to 60.  I have 3D enabled in TMT5's settings (otherwise I get an error message), and, of course, the refresh option is greyed out due to the GT-430.  To complicate things, I tried a second 3D ISO, and this time it played fine (at least for the few minutes I checked).

Something else I'm noticing.  When opening the program, my CPU jumps up to ~20%.  Task Manager shows no CPU cycles being used by the EXE, but as soon as I close the program, CPU usage goes back to 1-3%, where it normally is at idle.  Is this just my system, or does TMT5 trigger some Windows operations that aren't readily apparent?

On a positive (preliminary) note: it seems that on the BRs that necessitated toggling the audio to get  DTS-MA bitstreaming correctly (rather than down-mixing to 2-channel PCM), this is no longer the case.

Edited by bruce73 - 11 Jan 2012 at 8:04pm
KaptainKrypton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaptainKrypton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by ant1983 ant1983 wrote:

Originally posted by lynxs_claw lynxs_claw wrote:

Just fill out the form to get your new activation code... uninstall .114 and install .119 and copy the code to the new registration requirement and activate.

I did and it worked

I did exactly all these steps but when i hit activate nothing happen.The page stay there permanently  Cry 
 what can i do? Thanks Ant

Right there with you, this thing is ticking me off to no end.
husmoaschta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote husmoaschta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by ArcSoft_Jason ArcSoft_Jason wrote:

whee! Now let's hope it works great for you.

I'm really interested in hearing if all the weird performance issues that materialized in 114 for people are gone and we're back to 87 level performance.

Yes, I would say back at 87 level performance. Sad enough. And one difference: On NV-systems auto-refresh is unstoppable. It always swithes to 60Hz. Very comfortable, to always set it back manually.
Well done. 
lynxs_claw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynxs_claw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:00pm
With the intermittent stuttering every 15 secs or so... I see no difference on my system from .114 to this .119

Still getting the stuttering but again in 3D I don't get any stutteringConfused

Systems Specs:
E7500 Core2Duo
MSI mobo
3 Gb RAM
Sapphire HD Radeon 6670 1 Gb DDR5 (Catalyst 11.12)
3D Samsung D550 51"
HDMI 1.4a Monter cable
USB Vantec 7.1 Sound Device (SPDIF)

Edited by lynxs_claw - 11 Jan 2012 at 7:05pm
lynxs_claw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynxs_claw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by KaptainKrypton KaptainKrypton wrote:

Originally posted by ant1983 ant1983 wrote:

Originally posted by lynxs_claw lynxs_claw wrote:

Just fill out the form to get your new activation code... uninstall .114 and install .119 and copy the code to the new registration requirement and activate.

I did and it worked

I did exactly all these steps but when i hit activate nothing happen.The page stay there permanently  Cry 
 what can i do? Thanks Ant

Right there with you, this thing is ticking me off to no end.

Jason, does the new activation access the internet that may be block by some firewalls?

That was the process I used above to activate my copy without issues.. I did however reboot the system after I installed .119 but I don't think that should affect the registration.

waffles007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waffles007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:18pm

just installed 119.

Same problem here with a GTS450 and a fresh install of TMT .119, Win7 SP1 32bit and NVidia 290.53. Same crappy behavior as the previous 2 versions, .114 and .118! How frustrating!
BeavisNButhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeavisNButhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:52pm
how to get ride of TotalMedia Server i dont need it ? 
LazarusDark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LazarusDark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 8:06pm
Odd.
With the beta on my nvidia 8800GT, I had the problem that it would switch to 60hz when the bluray movie started even though the nvidia driver was set to 23.976 and autorefresh was greyed out in tmt (I have had this problem since TMT started trying to add the autorefresh feature)

But now with 5.2.1.119, it is working properly (autorefresh is still greyed out in tmt). Two days ago using the beta, I watched Alien bluray and it switched to 60hz. I just tried this disc again and it worked properly, maintaining 24hz according to the info screen on my plasma.
adidino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adidino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 8:11pm
You're killing me Jason.. Dead

You need to make sure Planet of the Apes, My Cousin Vinny and Patton are on the radar as "Known Issues" if you are going to list Apocalypse Now. These need to stay on the radar as these titles are confirmed issues as well.

Edited by adidino - 12 Jan 2012 at 4:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 45>
  Share Topic