Forum Name: TotalMedia Theatre
Forum Description: TotalMedia Theatre Discussions
URL: http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9760
Printed Date: 21 Sep 2019 at 1:25pm

Topic: TotalMedia Theatre 5.2.1.119 Release Notes
Posted By: ArcSoft_Jason
Subject: TotalMedia Theatre 5.2.1.119 Release Notes
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 12:20pm
TMT5.2 includes a significant change to the authentication engine that means we will not be pushing out patches to existing users as we normally do. Users will need to uninstall their previous release and download/install the new one and manually enter a new Activation Code to convert it from a Trial version to a Full version.

Users will need to go through the process of getting a TMT 5.2 Activation Code from this page:

http://www.arcsoft.com/support/free_upgrade.asp - http://www.arcsoft.com/support/free_upgrade.asp

We recommend doing this BEFORE INSTALLING. The page requires you to fill in your EXACT information used when you placed the original TMT5 order. So if you ordered as "Jonathan Smith" filling in "John Smith" will not work. If you changed emails, you must enter and have access to that old email address to get your new Activation Code. Some users will understandably have trouble with this process and customer service is available to help. Contact them here if you have trouble:

http://www.arcsoft.com/account/account_email_support.asp - http://www.arcsoft.com/account/account_email_support.asp

NEW FEATURES
01. Automatic Refresh Rate Switching
02. Intel IvyBridge Support
03. AVCHD 3D content support
04. New authentication system (allows converting trial downloads into full version.)

BUG FIXES
01. Fix pixelation issue with recent Fox Blu-ray discs (Star Wars, X-Men First Class, etc)
02. Fix YouTube
03. Fix OpenCL for SimHD on AMD hardware
04. Fix playback issue with Grindhouse Blu-ray
05. Fix stutter issue on AMD 5xxx series cards
06. Fix AV sync over time issue with some Blu-ray 3D discs (Pirates 4, etc)

KNOWN ISSUES
01. Apocolypse Now disc playback fails pre-menu.

Download link:

http://www.arcsoft.com/downloads/tbyb/totalmediatheatre5_retail_tbyb_all.exe - http://www.arcsoft.com/downloads/tbyb/totalmediatheatre5_retail_tbyb_all.exe

Replies:
Posted By: gt500_2
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 12:43pm
Hello Jason,

nice new piece of software, but new feature "01. Automatic Refresh Rate Switching" is still greyed out in standalone and mce-plugin. Any suggestion?

bg

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 2:19pm
You probably have incompatible hardware (typically current NV hardware with 3D support whether in use or not) and so it's not available at this time. If we can find a way to work around the incompatible hardware in the future, the option will be made available.

Posted By: waffles007
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 2:34pm
Jason;

Is the "Automatic Refresh Rate Switching" disabled as default, i.e. it should not get in the way when one uses a current NV card?

Is a Sandybridge's iGPU compatible with this feature?

TIA!

Posted By: IT Troll
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 2:52pm
Got my new code. Now I can finally grab a copy of Star Wars. Smile

Posted By: roknrol
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 3:25pm
Not to be daft, but for clarification: if I have version 5.1 (114) installed then I need to uninstall it before installing version 5.2 (119)?

The (official?) Upgrade Instructions do not specify uninstalling and the activation form seems to indicate that you need version 5.1 installed for the free upgrade (maybe I'm reading too much into this.)

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by ArcSoft_Jason ArcSoft_Jason wrote:

You probably have incompatible hardware (typically current NV hardware with 3D support whether in use or not) and so it's not available at this time. If we can find a way to work around the incompatible hardware in the future, the option will be made available.

Hi Jason,

what did you meant with "incompatible hardware"?

the requirements of this software are GPU NVIDIA (GeForce 8600 GT),
I have GT520,
CPU is Core2Duo E460@2.40GHz,
I have Pentium-Dual 2.93GHz.

the rest of HTPC are Windows 7 32bit, 2GiB Ram, 60 GiB SSD (OCZ) and an  LG HD-DVD & Blu-Ray combo drive.

What, in yours or Arcsoft opinion is the "right" Hardware?

Sorry, but I think the money I paid for TMT3 & TMT5 would better be invested in a "right" Blu-Ray - Player without choppy und "pesky" software.
Even TMT5 startetd with AutoFrequency (a tool from a french programmer) didn't help.
AutoFrequency helps a bit, but only started outside MCE.

BR

Posted By: bruce73
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by roknrol roknrol wrote:

Not to be daft, but for clarification: if I have version 5.1 (114) installed then I need to uninstall it before installing version 5.2 (119)?

The (official?) Upgrade Instructions do not specify uninstalling and the activation form seems to indicate that you need version 5.1 installed for the free upgrade (maybe I'm reading too much into this.)

You're not daft.  I'm a little confused about this, too.  The caveat on the activation key request page states that 5.1 must be installed in order to upgrade to 5.2.  I'm not even sure what "5.1" is -- I'm on 5.0.1.114.  Do I have to uninstall 114, install 118 *then* upgrade to 119?

Posted By: lynxs_claw
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:05pm
Just fill out the form to get your new activation code... uninstall .114 and install .119 and copy the code to the new registration requirement and activate.

I did and it worked

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by waffles007 waffles007 wrote:

Is the "Automatic Refresh Rate Switching" disabled as default, i.e. it should not get in the way when one uses a current NV card?

It was for me when I last checked it. Some users have reported otherwise, but I haven't noticed much detail on their environment to try to duplicate it. (It's on my list for next week when I get our lab equipment back from CES.) If you have a problem, share the details of your setup.

Quote Is a Sandybridge's iGPU compatible with this feature?

It was working for me on older Intel hardware and so it should be fine on SNB. I didn't test it specifically as I don't have one set up in the lab by default. I have the minimum system requirements G45 system, and an IvyBridge which is at CES at the moment.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by roknrol roknrol wrote:

Yes. Uninstall ANY prior version. Then install 119. (You can't really go wrong. If you try otherwise it will just tell you another version is installed and you must install it.)

Quote The (official?) Upgrade Instructions do not specify uninstalling and the activation form seems to indicate that you need version 5.1 installed for the free upgrade (maybe I'm reading too much into this.)

It's innaccurate at this time. I expect the Web team to fix it, but you're in between availability if you know where to look and the "official" announcement on the Web site.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by gt500_2 gt500_2 wrote:

what did you meant with "incompatible hardware"?

I mean this particular feature was shown to not work properly on some hardware during the course of BETA testing. When TMT detects such hardware in the final 119 release, the option will be grayed out automatically rather than allowing you to set it in such a way that it doesn't work correctly.

Quote What, in yours or Arcsoft opinion is the "right" Hardware?

There is no objectively "right" or "wrong" hardware. However, all the hardware has different capabilities and each has its own set of quirks. So the software can behave differently on each platform.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by bruce73 bruce73 wrote:

You're not daft.  I'm a little confused about this, too.  The caveat on the activation key request page states that 5.1 must be installed in order to upgrade to 5.2.  I'm not even sure what "5.1" is -- I'm on 5.0.1.114.  Do I have to uninstall 114, install 118 *then* upgrade to 119?

Use the page to get your Activation Code. Once you recieve it...

Uninstall whatever you have installed.

Install 119.

Enter your code.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:25pm

Originally posted by bruce73 bruce73 wrote:

Use the page to get your Activation Code. Once you recieve it...

Uninstall whatever you have installed.

Install 119.

Enter your code.

Thanks, Jason, just did it.  No fuss, no muss. Clap

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:30pm

whee! Now let's hope it works great for you.

I'm really interested in hearing if all the weird performance issues that materialized in 114 for people are gone and we're back to 87 level performance.

Posted By: ant1983
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by lynxs_claw lynxs_claw wrote:

Just fill out the form to get your new activation code... uninstall .114 and install .119 and copy the code to the new registration requirement and activate.

I did and it worked

I did exactly all these steps but when i hit activate nothing happen.The page stay there permanently  Cry 
 what can i do? Thanks Ant

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:44pm
If you tried the gray dialog within the app's Info Center, try the black dialog at launch. (If you tried the black, then try the gray instead.)

If neither works for you, contact customer service for assistance.

Posted By: richardmk
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:37pm

just installed 119.

If i set my resolution to 1920 x 1080p 24hz, as soon as TMT runs a bluray it switches to 60Hz evrytime!

I am running an NV GT430 with the switching option unticked and greyed out so i assume it should not be even trying to change resolutions.

I am running it under windows 7 64 bit.

Posted By: RyanG
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:41pm
Bummer it looks like 119 MCE Player has the same issues as 118. Constant stuttering. :(

The stand alone player seems to work just fine thought. Unfortunately, I need the MCE player to work.

Anyone having luck with nVidia video cards? I'm thinking about swapping out my ATI for an nVidia. I just wish I knew if this is an Arcsoft issue or something else? What is distubing is that TMT3 still plays 1080p like a champ even on my little itty-bitty ION net tops. My main HTPC is many times more powerful than an ION Nettop, yet it cannot play smoothly.

Whelp, I guess I'll mess around for a bit and see if reverting to some older AMD drivers does anything. Then maybe try an nVidia card and, if that doesn't work, I'll wait for the new Dune HD player to be released.

very disapointing....

Posted By: KaptainKrypton
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:52pm
Double.  Oops.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by richardmk richardmk wrote:

just installed 119.

If i set my resolution to 1920 x 1080p 24hz, as soon as TMT runs a bluray it switches to 60Hz evrytime!

I am running an NV GT430 with the switching option unticked and greyed out so i assume it should not be even trying to change resolutions.

I have a 450 rather than a 430 but I have not seen that.

Driver version?

Is this a single display or multiple displays?

HDMI connected?

AVR?

3D capable?

Is "Play 3D Blu-ray's in 3D" checked or unchecked in TMT's 3D settings? (And does changing it make any difference.)

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:26pm

I'm having a similar issue with 3D via a GT-430 (280.26) and Win 7/64.  With my Samsung DLP, it *must* be set on 1080@60 for 3D playback and be a direct connection to the vid card through the TV's PC port.  So I have an extended desktop using this port for 3D playback only via the GT-430's DVI output, and a regular HDMI connection routed through my Denon AVR for the main desktop and all other uses of the HTPC (including 2D bluray playback).

But, now with 3D, every 10 seconds or so, my set blanks out as if it trying to reset the resolution, but always comes back to 60.  I have 3D enabled in TMT5's settings (otherwise I get an error message), and, of course, the refresh option is greyed out due to the GT-430.  To complicate things, I tried a second 3D ISO, and this time it played fine (at least for the few minutes I checked).

Something else I'm noticing.  When opening the program, my CPU jumps up to ~20%.  Task Manager shows no CPU cycles being used by the EXE, but as soon as I close the program, CPU usage goes back to 1-3%, where it normally is at idle.  Is this just my system, or does TMT5 trigger some Windows operations that aren't readily apparent?

On a positive (preliminary) note: it seems that on the BRs that necessitated toggling the audio to get  DTS-MA bitstreaming correctly (rather than down-mixing to 2-channel PCM), this is no longer the case.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by ant1983 ant1983 wrote:

I did and it worked

I did exactly all these steps but when i hit activate nothing happen.The page stay there permanently  Cry 

Right there with you, this thing is ticking me off to no end.

Posted By: husmoaschta
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:54pm

whee! Now let's hope it works great for you.

I'm really interested in hearing if all the weird performance issues that materialized in 114 for people are gone and we're back to 87 level performance.

Yes, I would say back at 87 level performance. Sad enough. And one difference: On NV-systems auto-refresh is unstoppable. It always swithes to 60Hz. Very comfortable, to always set it back manually.
Well done. 

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:00pm
With the intermittent stuttering every 15 secs or so... I see no difference on my system from .114 to this .119

Still getting the stuttering but again in 3D I don't get any stutteringConfused

Systems Specs:
E7500 Core2Duo
MSI mobo
3 Gb RAM
Sapphire HD Radeon 6670 1 Gb DDR5 (Catalyst 11.12)
3D Samsung D550 51"
HDMI 1.4a Monter cable
USB Vantec 7.1 Sound Device (SPDIF)

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by KaptainKrypton KaptainKrypton wrote:

I did and it worked

Jason, does the new activation access the internet that may be block by some firewalls?

That was the process I used above to activate my copy without issues.. I did however reboot the system after I installed .119 but I don't think that should affect the registration.

Posted By: waffles007
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:18pm

just installed 119.

Same problem here with a GTS450 and a fresh install of TMT .119, Win7 SP1 32bit and NVidia 290.53. Same crappy behavior as the previous 2 versions, .114 and .118! How frustrating!

Posted By: BeavisNButhead
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:52pm
how to get ride of TotalMedia Server i dont need it ? 

Posted By: LazarusDark
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 8:06pm
Odd.
With the beta on my nvidia 8800GT, I had the problem that it would switch to 60hz when the bluray movie started even though the nvidia driver was set to 23.976 and autorefresh was greyed out in tmt (I have had this problem since TMT started trying to add the autorefresh feature)

But now with 5.2.1.119, it is working properly (autorefresh is still greyed out in tmt). Two days ago using the beta, I watched Alien bluray and it switched to 60hz. I just tried this disc again and it worked properly, maintaining 24hz according to the info screen on my plasma.

Posted By: adidino
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 8:11pm
You're killing me Jason.. Dead

You need to make sure Planet of the Apes, My Cousin Vinny and Patton are on the radar as "Known Issues" if you are going to list Apocalypse Now. These need to stay on the radar as these titles are confirmed issues as well.

Posted By: vangelis1960
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by BeavisNButhead BeavisNButhead wrote:

how to get ride of TotalMedia Server i dont need it ? 
Just delete the link under the Windows All Programs Startup menu

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 9:42pm

With the intermittent stuttering every 15 secs or so... I see no difference on my system from .114 to this .119

Still getting the stuttering but again in 3D I don't get any stutteringConfused

Systems Specs:
E7500 Core2Duo
W7 32-bit
MSI mobo
3 Gb RAM
Sapphire HD Radeon 6670 1 Gb DDR5 (Catalyst 11.12)
3D Samsung D550 51"
HDMI 1.4a Monter cable

Alright, so here's something interesting.  I installled 5.2 on another system which is a lower ended system and found I got no stuttering playing the same BD.  The specs are as follows:

E6400 2.13 Ghz Core2Duo
W7 32-bit
Asus mobo
2 Gb RAM
Sapphire HD Radeon 5670 512 MbGb DDR3 (Catalyst 11.12)
Sony KDL-32EX710 32" BRAVIA LED LCD TV
HDMI 1.4a Philips cable

So my thoughts are that TMT5 has an issue communicating with the Radeon 6XXX series video card.  I see from the release notes for 119 that it addresses stutterng issues with the Radeon 5XXX series video cards.  Is Arcsoft currently working on a patch for the 6XXX cards?

Posted By: BeavisNButhead
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 10:19pm

Posted By: stewart_pk
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 3:31am
I'm running an AMD Radeon 6450 video card with the latest 11.12 drivers under Windows 7 32-bit.

I had to add Refresh23HZ=1 under the [GENERAL] section to the [USER]\AppData\Roaming\ArcSoft\ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5\5.2\PlayDVD.ini file to prevent Blu-ray playback stuttering, when the "Automatic refresh rate switching" checkbox is checked.

Just wondering with this is not in the PlayDVD.ini file by default?

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 4:33am
Originally posted by stewart_pk stewart_pk wrote:

I'm running an AMD Radeon 6450 video card with the latest 11.12 drivers under Windows 7 32-bit.

I had to add Refresh23HZ=1 under the [GENERAL] section to the [USER]\AppData\Roaming\ArcSoft\ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5\5.2\PlayDVD.ini file to prevent Blu-ray playback stuttering, when the "Automatic refresh rate switching" checkbox is checked.

Wow, I thought I tried this and found it didn't work.  But I may not have enable the auto-switching so I tried it again ... and you're right ..  it took out the stuttering (like night and day)

Thanks a lot for the recommendation.

Hopefully this gets incorporated into the code in later patches so the fix is more turn-key and user friendly

Posted By: Rew452
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 5:30am

Have not had a lot of time to check but all seems well except for:

After watching a bd and hitting stop it will hang with the last video on screen instead of returning to TMT's normal view.

This I know is related to Aero but other than turning it off is there not a fix for this yet?

It has been there for some time now.

MB P5E

E8400 @3.8ghz

4gb ram

AMD hd5750 Cat 12.1

Posted By: KRISBE
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 5:44am
Originally posted by RyanG RyanG wrote:

Bummer it looks like 119 MCE Player has the same issues as 118. Constant stuttering. :(

The stand alone player seems to work just fine thought. Unfortunately, I need the MCE player to work.

Indeed ! Have the same test results for .119 version.
Behavior of MCE Player was the same in .114 beta version.

Why?

Let me tell you: in most cases in Windows 7 it's very wrong to disable AERO because some things are behaving different with or without AERO (OSD, VSync f.e.) Play with OSD movements in MCE Player and you can see much stuttering. OSD shouldn't interfere with video in player.
MCE Player does not have an option "disable AERO" and it is always disabled. Not good!

I'm sure performance can be the same as the standalone player. Because since .118 AERO always stays enabled in TMT5 player. Very good !
Frequency rate on 23Hz is a must for Blu Ray (better than 24Hz). I have disabled option "change freq. rate" and let it change outsite TMT5, before TMT5 is started. Very nice image quality and very importent: no stuttering anymore ! Some audio synchronisation problem if using 7.1 speakers (LPCM mutichannel) to receiver. Easily solved by Onkyo SRX-607 receiver.  Adjusted audio delay by 70ms. Using HDMI bitstreaming no audio delay.

Some details configuration:

Use ATI Radeon HD6850 (using resolution 1920x1080 25hz for TV and 23Hz for Blu Ray)
Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe soundcard
Intel Core 2 Duo 6700
4 GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits
Gigabyte DS3-P35 motherboard
Hard disk: Sata - AHCI mode
Onkyo SRX-607 receiver using HDMI from soundcard
Panasonic TH-50PZ800E Full HD plasma screen

Posted By: IT Troll
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 6:33am
Will we get patches in the future or will all updates now come as full TBYB packages?

Posted By: MajorEvent
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 10:10am
Greetings!

118beta, no stuttering; 119beta, stuttering returns. While not as bad as with 114, the video hiccups every minute or so. Seems like something changed for Radeon HD 6000 series cards.

Radeon HD 6770 running Catalyst 11.12 on Win 7 x64 SP1 Home Premium.

If I set the Refresh23HZ=1 in mceplaydvd.ini and auto refresh checked then playback appears smooth in Media Center again.

Posted By: unisoft
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 10:31am

Anyone having luck with nVidia video cards? I'm thinking about swapping out my ATI for an nVidia. I just wish I knew if this is an Arcsoft issue or something else? What is distubing is that TMT3 still plays 1080p like a champ even on my little itty-bitty ION net tops. My main HTPC is many times more powerful than an ION Nettop, yet it cannot play smoothly.

Whelp, I guess I'll mess around for a bit and see if reverting to some older AMD drivers does anything. Then maybe try an nVidia card and, if that doesn't work, I'll wait for the new Dune HD player to be released.

very disapointing....

yep same for me.

Capable system, as I detailed in my post for the BETA version. Plays fine for a while, detailed, auto switch perfect. Stutter every minute or so. Didnt happen in TMT3.

Still not fixed since .087 I think.

Apparently an ATI driver that is one year old is the only one that works on the ATI 5450HD !!!

Posted By: mrmovie
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 12:42pm
TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue
Am using an ATI 5450 and it works super smooth with mce7/standalone players.

Plays all my rips perfect  MKV/M2TS/ISO sweet as a nut!!

Gigabyte s3 mobo
ati 5450
amd 9950 quad core
4gb ram
win 7 32bit
latest ati drivers 11.12
all win7 updates
my movies 4.02
any dvdhd(latest)
Activation worked like a charm as well!!

Well done arcsoft,it took time but it was worth the wait(better than the other well know software player!)

TongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongueWinkTongue

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 12:43pm
I'm noticing a real disparity in the load times of the EXE itself between my desktop and HTPC.  Both machines are running Win 7/64.

The desktop has an i3 2130 with 2 internal SATAs and 1 USB, while the HTPC has a GT-430 with 3 internal SATAs and 7 USBs.  The desktop loads the EXE immediately, while the HTPC takes 20-30 seconds.  I didn't see this kind of lag with .114.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 12:52pm

Jason, does the new activation access the internet that may be block by some firewalls?

I believe I have successfully activated on a system with the network cable unplugged and if my memory is correct, then firewalls shouldn't be an issue.

Posted By: pronoun
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 12:53pm
Where is the auto refresh checkbox?

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by adidino adidino wrote:

You need to make sure Planet of the Apes, My Cousin Vinny and Patton are on the radar as "Known Issues" if you are going to list Apocalypse Now. These need to stay on the radar as these titles are confirmed issues as well.

We list the disc we have independently verified, which is AN. We purchased a PotA disc that was reported to reproduce the problem, and it could not reproduce the problem. The others we have not purchased at this time. Presumably, they are all the same issue and will be resolved when AN is resolved. (And if they aren't, we'll move forward on them from there.)

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:01pm

So my thoughts are that TMT5 has an issue communicating with the Radeon 6XXX series video card.  I see from the release notes for 119 that it addresses stutterng issues with the Radeon 5XXX series video cards.  Is Arcsoft currently working on a patch for the 6XXX cards?

We are not seeing a general issue with 6xxx cards. They passed QA with build 119.

I, coincidentally, had the 6xxx test system in our lab playing Pirates 4 perfectly at 23hz this morning.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:08pm

I forgot to mention this in the original post on 119. It's the same as 118 BETA in this regard, but to avoid you having to dig, some systems in QA (according to them) have performed terribly (I have not seen this) and had failed to play after a mode switch (I have seen this) and switching the default would have forced Engineering to rerun the product through the BD-Logo test which would have delayed release an additional several weeks. So the decision was made to leave it as a setting only advanced users could access through modifying the file.

Posted By: ant1983
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:19pm

I did and it worked

That was the process I used above to activate my copy without issues.. I did however reboot the system after I installed .119 but I don't think that should affect the registration.

The solution for me was : I went to the control panel ,programs,remove a program ,remove TMT5 and when  the wizard ask to choose i choose repair and after that the activation was easy.
Ant

Posted By: Jeslee
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:42pm
I'm beginiing testing the new TMT5.2.

Why does the menu bar of the MCE plugin doesn't scroll in a loop as Window Media Center does ?
By this way, we must navigate to the opposite side of the menu to access to languages and subtitle.
As the menu appearence cause lag and sutter it's very very annoying.
Jason, I know that we already discuss about that point some monthes ago, but do you think that this very embarrassing detail could be corrected in a future update ?

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by pronoun pronoun wrote:

Where is the auto refresh checkbox?

Settings, Playback

Posted By: deadspeak
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:08pm
getting an issue when playing any blu-ray where the media center plug in starts but i have a solid white line across the total lenght of the tv, only a ery thin line, but definatly an issue.
Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks
Paul

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Jeslee Jeslee wrote:

Jason, I know that we already discuss about that point some monthes ago, but do you think that this very embarrassing detail could be corrected in a future update ?

It could be, but I personally wouldn't prioritize it particularly high even among UI annoyances and I'd bet they don't have logic for "wraparound" which means it would be a significant timesink on the engine side. I have bigger fish to fry. If lots of people report it to CS, maybe it will get prioritized, but I'd guess most people are more like me than you.

(And I wouldn't categorize it as "very embarrassing". I'd categorize it as minorly annoying, but basically superficial. If I were King, the thing that annoys me the most about that menu is the logic for how long it stays up and when it disappears. It's always disappearing when I'm looking through options, and staying up for too long when I'm done with it.)

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:15pm
Should I laugh or cry at seeing these two posts back to back? You be the judge...

Originally posted by unisoft unisoft wrote:

Apparently an ATI driver that is one year old is the only one that works on the ATI 5450HD !!!

Originally posted by mrmovie mrmovie wrote:

TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

latest ati drivers 11.12

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 3:40pm

We list the disc we have independently verified, which is AN. We purchased a PotA disc that was reported to reproduce the problem, and it could not reproduce the problem. The others we have not purchased at this time. Presumably, they are all the same issue and will be resolved when AN is resolved. (And if they aren't, we'll move forward on them from there.)

I don't think they properly tested POTA. They intro of the movie (Dr. Zeus intro) plays fine, it's getting to main menu is when it goes black. Hopefully you are correct and it's related to the same issue with AN.

Posted By: davinleeds
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 3:53pm
I haven't tried it lately but POTA doesn't work 99.9% of the time.  Last I checked was with 114.  I think I got past the Lawgiver's intro once and was so surprised I tried it again.  And it never worked again.  It stops at just a few seconds before menu.  Unfortunately I only have an iso because my limited edition special anniversary packaging has these disks in a large book held by gummy junk and my first disk cracked trying to remove it.  Thankfully I made an iso of them all. 
TMT3, iirc, plays AN and POTA so whatever it has just needs to be copied. 

Posted By: csmlsim
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 4:07pm
I am having fantastic results with blurays, but it crashes still 5-10min into a DVD file playback

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 4:21pm

I don't think they properly tested POTA. They intro of the movie (Dr. Zeus intro) plays fine, it's getting to main menu is when it goes black. Hopefully you are correct and it's related to the same issue with AN.

I tested the PotA disc before I sent it to engineering/QA to doublecheck. I'm sure it worked.

I believe the issue is we were originally informed that all the discs in the box set had the problem. We purchased one of them. (I forget which, but not #1.) I believe subsequent reports indicated the problem with #1 only.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by csmlsim csmlsim wrote:

I am having fantastic results with blurays, but it crashes still 5-10min into a DVD file playback

I've seen Spider-Man 2 and Day After Tomorrow DVDs play through to the end in just the past couple days. What platform are you on? What audio setting? Standard or MCE UI?

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 4:25pm

I tested the PotA disc before I sent it to engineering/QA to doublecheck. I'm sure it worked.

I believe the issue is we were originally informed that all the discs in the box set had the problem. We purchased one of them. (I forget which, but not #1.) I believe subsequent reports indicated the problem with #1 only.

Correct, the others in the original series play for me.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 4:57pm
MCE and main player (MCE is most commonly used though), and these are disks ripped to a HD using anydvd. HD6950 2GB/ i5 mailto:2500k@4.4ghz - 2500k@4.4ghz , 8GB ram 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 ssd.
.87 and .114 run them fine, when the player launches properly through media browser......
.118 and .119 launch properly through Media browser, well at least better, but crash during play back.
It goes picture freezes, 10seconds more audio, then a black screen. In order to close need to open task manager and force a close. I haven't tested with a DVD disk yet though. Bluray disks run perfect through the main player (didn't test through MCE yet though)

Audio is AMD HDMI orignal primary audio,
Tested with 11.11, 11.12, 12.1a pre release

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 5:40pm
Just following up on my investigations...

I installed an nVidia card and play back in both the stand-alone and MCE players worked perfectly. The only down side is the crappy nVidia implementation of 3D. So, I have to disable 3D in at the driver level in order to play non-3D movies @ 24fps.

Going to give AMD another try with some of the performance drivers and the 12.1 preview driver if the performance drivers don't work.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 5:43pm

That is correct. It is only #1 that has the issue. I tested 2 and 3, they both played fine.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 5:50pm

Should I laugh or cry at seeing these two posts back to back? You be the judge...

Originally posted by unisoft unisoft wrote:

Originally posted by mrmovie mrmovie wrote:

latest ati drivers 11.12

No' you save it for future reference, good or bad :).

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by csmlsim csmlsim wrote:

MCE and main player (MCE is most commonly used though), and these are disks ripped to a HD using anydvd. HD6950 2GB/ i5 mailto:2500k@4.4ghz - 2500k@4.4ghz , 8GB ram 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 ssd.
.87 and .114 run them fine, when the player launches properly through media browser......
.118 and .119 launch properly through Media browser, well at least better, but crash during play back.
It goes picture freezes, 10seconds more audio, then a black screen. In order to close need to open task manager and force a close. I haven't tested with a DVD disk yet though. Bluray disks run perfect through the main player (didn't test through MCE yet though)

Audio is AMD HDMI orignal primary audio,
Tested with 11.11, 11.12, 12.1a pre release

I forgot to ask if you're decoding audio or bitstreaming to an AVR, so I checked both. My 6xxx was hooked directly to a HDTV. My 5xxx bitstreamed to an AVR. I pulled out some external HDs with rips on them rather my usual discs. Both played about an hour into a DVD fine before I stopped them.

(I do not use a 3rd party library/launcher, but would not suspect it either.)

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 8:23pm

I installed an nVidia card and play back in both the stand-alone and MCE players worked perfectly. The only down side is the crappy nVidia implementation of 3D. So, I have to disable 3D in at the driver level in order to play non-3D movies @ 24fps.

Going to give AMD another try with some of the performance drivers and the 12.1 preview driver if the performance drivers don't work.
So, I tried several AMD drivers and none offer smooth playback in both the stand-alone and MCE players and do 1080p24 3D playback.

I guess I'm going to dump my AMD 6970 card.. If anyone can come up with a working combination of TMT5.2 and AMD drivers, please report back so that others can benefit. Now if only nVidia would change how they handle 3D.... :)

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 8:54pm
Yeah, its to and AVR, and to a LG DTV trough dual monitor. Yeah, I doubt its media browsers fault too. Kinda sucks. Always 1 point from perfection. At least .87 works

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 9:05pm

I did and it worked

The solution for me was : I went to the control panel ,programs,remove a program ,remove TMT5 and when  the wizard ask to choose i choose repair and after that the activation was easy.
Ant

Worked like a charm.  Thanks, man!

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 9:46pm

So, I tried several AMD drivers and none offer smooth playback in both the stand-alone and MCE players and do 1080p24 3D playback.

I guess I'm going to dump my AMD 6970 card.. If anyone can come up with a working combination of TMT5.2 and AMD drivers, please report back so that others can benefit. Now if only nVidia would change how they handle 3D.... :)

Before you take out your Radeon card.  Did you try the fix below? It seems to work to fix the stuttering for 6XXX cards

I had to add Refresh23HZ=1 under the [GENERAL] section to the [USER]\AppData\Roaming\ArcSoft\ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5\5.2\PlayDVD.ini file to prevent Blu-ray playback stuttering, when the "Automatic refresh rate switching" checkbox is checked.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 10:59pm
Could it be possible to know which is the last driver compatible with TMT 5.2.119 ?
Is it 11.11 or 11.12 ?
I'm using an ATI HD6570 under W7 64Bits.

About Autorefresh it seems to work fine but in one way (from 60Hz to 23Hz only).
It switch my TV to 23Hz when playing Bluray and it's perfect.
But it seems that the TV stay at 23Hz when I close TMT5 (using the red X button) without adjusting back the TV refresh to 60Hz.
It's very annoying as I'm playing my movie throught Media Browser and using this fantastic programm at 23Hz slow down and sutter everything.
I also try to play a DVD just after to see if the autorefresh would adjust the TV at 60Hz but with no success.
Is it normal ? Did I miss something ?

Thanks in advance for your help and support guys.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 11:07pm

It could be, but I personally wouldn't prioritize it particularly high even among UI annoyances and I'd bet they don't have logic for "wraparound" which means it would be a significant timesink on the engine side. I have bigger fish to fry. If lots of people report it to CS, maybe it will get prioritized, but I'd guess most people are more like me than you.

(And I wouldn't categorize it as "very embarrassing". I'd categorize it as minorly annoying, but basically superficial. If I were King, the thing that annoys me the most about that menu is the logic for how long it stays up and when it disappears. It's always disappearing when I'm looking through options, and staying up for too long when I'm done with it.)

Hi Jason,

Very clear from my side, and I perfectly understand your position.
I hope that one day, the big fishes will be fried ans we all have much time to catch small one ! Wink
Anyway, it's allways good to share about increasing the interface quality of TMT5.

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly and taking some time to answer.
You're the best as ususal ! Clap

Posted By: mankhan
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 11:39pm
I am more than pleased to confirm that all my 3D BDs are working flawless, silky smooth, no stuttering and no lip sync issue, whether its 5.1 or 7.1 audio. Great job Arcsoft.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 3:13am
Hi,

all who answered playing blu-ray so flawless, using an AMD/ATI card, isn't it? And it's the only configuration with autorefresh beeing not greyed out?

BR

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 3:59am
Works very well with Intel.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 4:23am
Originally posted by davinleeds davinleeds wrote:

Fine, what a intel? CPU or GPU...

Intel is a name of a company, not a product.

so long ...

Posted By: vangelis1960
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 5:39am
I have tested the new release on ADM Sempron platform with Windows 7 and onboard ATI 4xxx with 11.12 drivers and can report 24/60 autoswitching works (without the 23Hz workaround), plus no issues with stuttering. I have also discovered that MS Essentials does not have an impact on TMT when active. You might randomly see a bit of stutter when the movie starts (when MS Essentials is on), but after that playback is smooth.

For people who have issues with 24/60 autoswtching on the AMD platform, your problem might have to do with EDID key exchange from your monitor/receiver. Try another monitor/TV/receiver or eliminate your receiver to see if the problem goes away. Also if you are using long cables and have TMT autoswitching issues try to use short cables to see if the issue goes away. If it does you need to use higher quality cables (I fully recommend Atlona cables that are as high end as you can get with reasonable cost).

I have tested the Sempron platform on well behaved projectors in terms of EDID, indicating that a well behaved display that sends the full EDID signature, should pose no issues with TMT.

Posted By: Lavista
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 5:42am
Still CPU core1 is 100% usage while playing back Star Wars BD.
Am I able to install KB2567680?

Posted By: htpcuser
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 9:28am
Originally posted by mankhan mankhan wrote:

I am more than pleased to confirm that all my 3D BDs are working flawless, silky smooth, no stuttering and no lip sync issue, whether its 5.1 or 7.1 audio. Great job Arcsoft.

No such luck here.  Although I didn't test it that long, I noticed lip sync problem right away (I tried Tron Legacy, Green Lantern, Green Hornet, Alice Wonderland).  What's strange is that it seems to "wander" - I've seen it way out of sync and I've seen it off by just a bit.  Audio ahead of the video, always.  I'd manually switched the Nvidia driver to 23 and 24hz.  It *seems* 24hz is better.  I'll try it some more later.  And skipping chapters is very unresponsive.

My setup is Geforce GTX570 into Denon HDMI 1.4 receiver into Sony NX710 3D LCD.  Running 280.26 driver.

Posted By: mrmovie
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 10:08am
Judge it how you like because it's bloody true!!

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 11:00am
After some tests, it seems that TMT5.2 is working perfectly on my installation with ATI 11.12 driver.
On my first tests, I encounter no problem palying my Blu Ray or DVD RIP through my NAS.
Everything is very smooth without any sutters (which was not the case with previous versions).

On my first test yesterday I used MCE UI program.
It seems that from my side, MCE UI was the origin of all the problems I still got yesterday.
By this way, I decide to stop using it and I configure Media Browser to use standard TMT5 player.
And now, everything is working very fine for me ! Smile

I'm now releived of MCE UI Menu style which was, for my point of view, not convenient at all. Angry
I definetly prefer the standard TMT5 player menu style.

My configuration : Core 2Duo 8500 3.16Hgz / 4Gb DDRII  RAM / ATI HD 6570 / SONY AV / SONY TV
I'm Playing my BD and DVD Rips through Media Browser and using AutoFrequency to switch the TV resolution (with TMT5.2 autorefresh option disable).
In catalyst center, I disable the option "enforce smooth video playback" and I don't add the 1080p24 format to the Display Manager (HDTV Support Options).

So far so good.
I was waiting for this update for a very long time, thanks again Arcsoft ! Thumbs Up

If I'll find any issue after playing much more movies, I'll let you know guys.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 11:37am

Could it be possible to know which is the last driver compatible with TMT 5.2.119 ?
Is it 11.11 or 11.12 ?
I'm using an ATI HD6570 under W7 64Bits.

I've tried pretty much every driver and I haven't found any to be incompatible. (I've tested 119 with 11.4, 11.6, 11.11, and 11.12 and basically have the same experience with all of them.)

Quote 2.
About Autorefresh it seems to work fine but in one way (from 60Hz to 23Hz only).
It switch my TV to 23Hz when playing Bluray and it's perfect.
But it seems that the TV stay at 23Hz when I close TMT5 (using the red X button) without adjusting back the TV refresh to 60Hz.
It's very annoying as I'm playing my movie throught Media Browser and using this fantastic programm at 23Hz slow down and sutter everything.
I also try to play a DVD just after to see if the autorefresh would adjust the TV at 60Hz but with no success.
Is it normal ? Did I miss something ?

I mostly test the standard UI with the Auto Refresh. It switches back for sure there--on closing the app. Possible there's a bug in the MCE UI, but I haven't noticed it. I'll check it when time permits.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 11:41am

I hope that one day, the big fishes will be fried ans we all have much time to catch small one ! Wink
Anyway, it's allways good to share about increasing the interface quality of TMT5.

Agreed. While a lot of people seem to like the TMT5 interface, I'm not much of a fan. I think we have a lot of room for improvement in interface design. (I complain about it a lot internally, but don't tend to get as much traction there as in other areas. Probably because I don't know those engineers so well and they don't know me, so I just come off as some annoying guy in some far off place. LOL)

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 11:46am
Originally posted by gt500_2 gt500_2 wrote:

Originally posted by davinleeds davinleeds wrote:

Fine, what a intel? CPU or GPU...

GPU obviously. There are three supported graphics vendors, NV, AMD, and Intel. You only mentioned two of them. Intel doesn't make discreet boards, but many people do use their onboard GPUs because they are plenty capable for HTPC usage and with no add-in board required, nice from power, heat, and noise perspectives.

As davinleeds mentioned, the option you were asking about is fine on Intel in my experience too.

I believe there may be NV boards where it's supported as well, but older hardware. (Note I'm truly guessing here--all my NV hardware is recent here and the option is not available.)

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 11:56am

Before you take out your Radeon card.  Did you try the fix below? It seems to work to fix the stuttering for 6XXX cards

I had to add Refresh23HZ=1 under the [GENERAL] section to the [USER]\AppData\Roaming\ArcSoft\ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5\5.2\PlayDVD.ini file to prevent Blu-ray playback stuttering, when the "Automatic refresh rate switching" checkbox is checked.

I did try that Refresh fix and I couldn't tell a difference. But, I was trying so many different things yesterday it's possible that I didn't do it on the right version of TMT and the AMD Drivers. I'll try again over the weekend.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 11:57am
Originally posted by vangelis1960 vangelis1960 wrote:

I have tested the new release on ADM Sempron platform with Windows 7 and onboard ATI 4xxx with 11.12 drivers and can report 24/60 autoswitching works (without the 23Hz workaround), plus no issues with stuttering. I have also discovered that MS Essentials does not have an impact on TMT when active. You might randomly see a bit of stutter when the movie starts (when MS Essentials is on), but after that playback is smooth.

FWIW, I think the startup hitch so common to every release of TMT is due to a core TMT decision rather than MSSE. (I run systems in the lab with no AV at all and still see it. I run MSSE on my home systems.)

I believe the hitch comes from TMT trying to put frames up as fast as possible rather than buffering sufficiently, and they underestimate during the first few seconds when other processes are still active. You'll see similar stuff when UI hits the processor and seems to impact rendering.

I've tried bringing it up a few times over the years, but never get much of anywhere, not even a clear confirmation or denial of my guess. I just chalk it up to one of TMT's quirks.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Lavista Lavista wrote:

Still CPU core1 is 100% usage while playing back Star Wars BD.

Correct. From the various public discussions, this appears to be the disc itself (presumably the Java engine) doing something in the background. I've seen no public indication anyone knows specifically what. The answer will likely have to come from the disc vendor unless some of the clever programmers out there reverse engineer it somehow.

Quote Am I able to install KB2567680?

You could but it doesn't affect processor usage. Some people successfully used that to stop pixelation issues (related to BD+) in PowerDVD and TMT. 119 already fixes that issue by most accounts making removal of that security patch unnecessary.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:18pm
Sorry this is bit off topic, but is anyone else having problems accessing AMD forums? I couldn't get into them from home last night nor can I access them from work today.

I assume it's not just me, but thought I'd check.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:21pm

Sorry this is bit off topic, but is anyone else having problems accessing AMD forums? I couldn't get into them from home last night nor can I access them from work today.

I assume it's not just me, but thought I'd check.
Figures as soon as I post that it starts workind for me.. please ignore.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:47pm
But, that's why you gotta post. :)

Posted By: Dekyon
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:53pm
My dual monitor configuration:
video card: nvidia GT460
audio card with analogic outputs: auzentech X-FI Prelude
monitor 1: TV samsung SyncMaster TA350 fullhd led
monitor 2: projector Mitsubishi HC5000 fullhd

For now all works perfectly. The autoswitch feature is gray as expected.
After installation TMT switch to 60Hz everytime I start a bluray. This before the default TMT 3D setup set the monitor configuration to "NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready" even if my monitor is NOT a 3d monitor. Setting to "Other Screens" fix the problem: now startin a bluray the screen remain with the original vertical frequency set using windows.

I try a playback using AnyDVD HD and Reclock. No lipsync problems at all, even jumping thru chapters and pausing and resume. I'll try others movies during those days.

Great works Arcsoft!

Posted By: mankhan
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by htpcuser htpcuser wrote:

No such luck here.  Although I didn't test it that long, I noticed lip sync problem right away (I tried Tron Legacy, Green Lantern, Green Hornet, Alice Wonderland).  What's strange is that it seems to "wander" - I've seen it way out of sync and I've seen it off by just a bit.  Audio ahead of the video, always.  I'd manually switched the Nvidia driver to 23 and 24hz.  It *seems* 24hz is better.  I'll try it some more later.  And skipping chapters is very unresponsive.

My setup is Geforce GTX570 into Denon HDMI 1.4 receiver into Sony NX710 3D LCD.  Running 280.26 driver.

Strange, my setup is almost like yours, W7 U-64-bit; ASUS GT 520 Silent to Denon avr-991 to Epson 3010, but i am using nvidia drivers 285.62, i run 3D stereoscopic in control panel and use 3D HD resolution 24Hz and with same setup until 5.2 beta was terrible and then 5.1.119, now it is working flawless for 3D BDs. try latest drivers and report back here.

Posted By: xcritic
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 6:02pm
Ok, tested and am still experience the issue with all blurays are forcing tv into 3d mode. Here's what I know:
When launching a normal bluray iso from within mymovies, tmt5 puts the panasonic vt25 tv into 3d mode. But when I go and launch the same title, which has already been mounted and started once from within the tmt5 media center bar it plays correct and does not switch to 3d mode. So why is tmt5 switching my computers resolution to 1080p24? This was not something that was happening in .87 

I still wish there was a way to roll back to version .87 without getting the update nag box popup. You guys seems to have broken every version of this software including the previously working version and alot of it seems to be coming from this switching mechanism.

Posted By: klillevo
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 6:57pm
They took away 3D support for me. I have a 3 year old Samsung DLP, which uses a checkerboard pattern for 3D. It worked great in 5.0. Now it's gone missing in 5.2. Very disappointing. I guess my TV is already too old Cry 

I will probably have to downgrade, unless there is now a keyboard shortcut to rewind 10 (or other small number) of seconds. That feature alone might be worth keeping :)

Rate switching was at first unusable. Video froze 1/2 a second or so every minute, but after adding  Refresh23HZ=1 in the config file, that cleared up, and for the 1st time, playback appears smooth as silk, at least for 10 minutes... I was generally happy with 60Hz before though. 

I wish there was a way to have both 5.0.1.87 and 5.2 installed at the same time. I really would have liked 3D playback to still work!

Radeon 5670. Catalyst 11.12

EDIT: After exiting the player, it does not switch back refresh rate to 60Hz though. But I have a keyboard shortcut setup to do that. Not a big problem.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by klillevo klillevo wrote:

They took away 3D support for me. I have a 3 year old Samsung DLP, which uses a checkerboard pattern for 3D. It worked great in 5.0. Now it's gone missing in 5.2. Very disappointing. I guess my TV is already too old Cry

klillevo, what Samsung do you have? I have an HL-67A750 and, yes, 3D was working great with 5.0.  I haven't played around with it much with 5.2, but there definitely is a problem with rez change looping with some 3D movies.  I can't figure out a pattern yet.  IMAX's "Dolphins & Whales" is unwatchable, yet TRON played basically OK in the spot check I did, although there was one attempt at rez change right at the beginning.  Maybe this is disc-dependant. Confused

I have a GT-430, so the rez change option is greyed out.  The Samsung demands 60 for 3D, so I don't know if TMT is defaulting to 24 since it outputting 3D, and there's a battle with the set changing it back to 60.  This is with a DVI -> HDMI connection to the Samsung on an extended desktop.  I'm wondering if I edit the INI file specifying rez as 60 if that would have any effect, since the option is greyed out anyway.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 8:29pm
I have the HL50A650, and TMT simply does not display 3D anymore. I select the Checkerboard option for display type, and there is no 3D effect, as verified by no change when I enable/disable 3D. I just played a 3D movie last night, with 5.0.1.117 and it worked fine then.

I switched framerate change off and did all 3D testing at 60Hz.

EDIT: I am glad (and embarrassed) to report 3D works after all. The problem was user error on my part. The BD menu to choose between 3D and 2D was of the type where one color indicates chosen item, the other color the non-chosen item, and up down arrows rolls around. So I thought White was the chosen item, and dark red the non-chosen, while it was the other way around. 3D in TMT 5.2 works just fine :)

Posted By: gvers
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 1:00am
.119 working fine here in 2D but I have stuttering and 100% CPU utilisation with 3D. I've tried a couple of different 3D titles from disk, HDD and network. All are the same. CPU utilisation seems high for 2D stuff as well but playback is fine. Hardware acceleration is on.

Specs
ATI 6450 1Gb graphics with cat 11.12
AMD 780 board with 4850e processor

Any suggestions for fixing the 3D. Anyone got a 6450 working fine and if so what processor are you using?

Posted By: Epa-ul
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 7:19am
Still no 3D support in windowed mode. A key feature for me to be full 3d support and without those uncomfortable changes to full screen when watching a movie in 3D. Furthermore, once you minimize the program when you return to the nvidia 3d not converted back to 3D. Therefore, I will continue using Corel WinDVD, which supports in windowed mode.

Posted By: macgyver2k
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Dekyon Dekyon wrote:

The autoswitch feature is gray as expected.
After installation TMT switch to 60Hz everytime I start a bluray. This before the default TMT 3D setup set the monitor configuration to "NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready" even if my monitor is NOT a 3d monitor. Setting to "Other Screens" fix the problem: now startin a bluray the screen remain with the original vertical frequency set using windows.

Just changed my settings to "other screens" and it really did fix the 60hz switching problem on my system. Thanks!

Posted By: knight_of_ni
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 9:13am
"The Unit season 4" Blu-Ray shows a blank screen. With previous versions it plays fine. Anyone else owns this title? I contacted support to let them know.
Windows 7 64 bit
ATI 7650 with 11.11 drivers

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 12:33pm
I am glad (and embarrassed) to report 3D works after all. The problem was user error on my part. The BD menu to choose between 3D and 2D was of the type where one color indicates chosen item, the other color the non-chosen item, and up down arrows rolls around, so it gets impossible to tell which color indicates your choice. So I thought White was the chosen item, and dark red the non-chosen, while it was the other way around. 3D in TMT 5.2 works just fine :)

Posted By: MartinCottrell
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 5:46pm
Hi,

I've had a bit of a mixed bag.

Install went without fault.

With 11.4 playback is smooth.

My delight is that blu-rays no longer start 3/4 size in the top left  of a blue window!  Full screen all the time.  So full marks.

The refresh works a treat for 24hz and 50hz.

11.12 has a slight stutter.  With Refresh23=1 it keeps pausing before starting again.

So back to 11.4!

Audio is always selecting the right mode, before 5.2 sometimes it used to go PCM.

The new bad problem seems to be playing a blu-ray from mymovies.  The screen can go blue and just sit there. Sometimes coming back to the mymovies window. Sometimes totalmedia has crashed. If it's the 2nd/3rd time there is a delay and then it plays. I can hear the external drives making a noise like they are all being woken up after selecting play, not noticed that before? 

Starting a movie from mymovies, the very long delay or not playing first or second attempt is a "show stopper".

I'll do some more testing standalone tomorrow to see if it's the same delay.

Another funny is using SIMHD with acceleration the picture is very blue, with acceleration off all is ok. I don't care about this.

Two steps forward one step back.

Acer X3812 (Core 2 Quad, 4GB RAM and 1TB HDD)
AMD 6450 11.4
Widows 7 64bit
blu-ray ISO's on 14 external drives 2TB
Onkyo 607
LG 60PS8000

Print Page | Close Window