Five pre-installed, full-version ArcSoft Apps deliver a compelling mobile entertainment experience
— 9/7/2011 — Fremont, California —
Fremont, California – September 7, 2011. ArcSoft, Inc., an industry leading software provider of multimedia technologies and applications across desktop, mobile and embedded platforms, announced today that several of ArcSoft’s Android tablet applications for entertainment, reading, and managing personal digital media, as well as its cloud service, ArcSync, are pre-installed on Lenovo’s new IdeaPad tablet K1.
With ArcSoft’s suite of applications, users can turn their Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 into the ultimate portable entertainment device. Users can watch movies, read eBooks, organize and listen to their favorite tunes, tap a stack of photos to view as an album or slideshow, edit and add effects to their photos, even create their own movie with video clips and images, and more. Moreover, with the integrated ArcSync in Gallery and Music Player, users are able to enjoy all their photos, videos and music anytime, anywhere.
ArcSoft’s Android tablet technologies are optimized for NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2 dual-core mobile processors, providing users with an exceptional, visually-engaging 3D graphics while keeping ultra-low power consumption, when performing multiple tasks on the tablet.
“Lenovo’s IdeaPad Tablet K1 is packed with great applications, such as ArcSoft’s suite of multimedia apps, creating the ultimate entertainment experience right out of the box” said Liu Jun, senior vice president and president, Mobile Internet Digital Home business group, Lenovo. “We want to ensure that our customers are able to do more on-the-go with the Tablet K1 and with preloaded apps like ArcSoft’s video and music player, we are positive that customers will enjoy a great multimedia experience wherever life takes them.”
“We are pleased to partner with Lenovo to include our Android tablet applications and technologies in IdeaPad Tablet K1,” said Raul Diaz, VP of Sales and Marketing, North and South America. “We are especially glad to announce the debut of ArcSync, ArcSoft’s cloud service, to offer users an anytime, anywhere accessibility of their photos, videos and music with their Tablet K1.”
ArcSoft’s suite of applications includes:
· ArcSync – A quick, easy, and secure way to synchronize and back up your documents, photos, music files, and videos between a PC and the Lenovo tablet. Provides seamless accessibility anytime, anywhere. Key features include 2 GB of free storage space, wireless sync capabilities, support for popular music, video and photo formats, and more;
· Media Gallery – With embedded accelerated 3D graphics, users can manage their media by date/time/location, manually tag/rate media files, watch videos with smooth playback, and view their photos as an album or slideshow;
· Video Player – Plays video files from local and remote sources for tablet devices with breathtaking video quality without compromising system performance;
· Music Player – Access your favorite tunes locally or online and browse your music library by album, artist, and playlist, listening to music via the Internet or enjoying favorite podcasts;
· eReader – Enjoy browsing and reading high quality rendered eBooks on your tablet;
· PhotoStudio Paint (trial version) – A fun and simple tool for kids to express themselves by drawing and painting.
· Movie Story (trial version) – Create a movie with your images and video clips. Editing tools included.
· Workshop (trial version) – Edit large-size images with a powerful Random-Access JPEG engine; perfect for any tablet device.
ArcSoft, Inc. is an industry leading software developer of multimedia technologies and applications across desktop, mobile and embedded platforms. Working closely with major OEM manufacturers, ArcSoft offers a full line of imaging and video solutions that enhance the features, performance, and user experience of mobile phones, digital cameras, optical drives, personal computers, and consumer electronics devices. For further details, visit www.arcsoft.com.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a $US21 billion personal technology company serving customers in more than 160 countries, and the world’s third-largest PC vendor. Dedicated to building exceptionally engineered PCs and mobile internet devices, Lenovo’s business is built on product innovation, a highly-efficient global supply chain and strong strategic execution. Formed by Lenovo Group’s acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services. Its product lines include legendary Think-branded commercial PCs and Idea-branded consumer PCs, as well as servers, workstations, and a family of mobile internet devices, including tablets and smart phones. Lenovo, a global Fortune 500 company, has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information see www.lenovo.com.
© Copyright 2011 ArcSoft, Inc. All rights reserved. ArcSoft and the ArcSoft logo are registered trademarks of ArcSoft, Inc. All other products and companies named herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.