How to set up ArcSoft SimHD (for TotalMedia Theatre 3)
SimHD is a patented technology of ArcSoft. This optimal technology delivers a close-to-HD video quality from standard definition multimedia files and DVDs, offers a sharper and more vivid video in real time.
The color of SimHD button will vary when SimHD is in different mode:
- SimHD is off.
- SimHD is on.
Click it, a menu appears, including 4 options:
- Off - Turn off SimHD.
- Normal - Turn on SimHD in the normal mode.
- Comparison - Turn on SimHD in the comparison mode.
- Splitting - Turn on SimHD in the splitting mode.
- Settings - Launch SimHD Settings page.
- Automatic - Check it, the program will automatically choose appropriate parameters according to your computer system. Uncheck it; you can customize your settings in accordance with the instructions on the settings page.
- Resolution - Choose the desired resolution here.
- Adaptive - Detect screen resolution automatically, and upscale your original resource video to fit screen size (Minimum Size 1280 x 720).
- Sharpness - Adjust sharpness of the result, scale 1 to 5, 5 being the sharpest.
Note: In some versions, the menu is hidden and the SimHD button has only two statuses (On/Off). If turning on SimHD in these versions, the program will automatically choose the appropriate parameters according to your computer system.
Previous installation of ArcSoft TotalMedia™ Theatre 3.
|With GPGPU support (NVIDIA graphic card installed)
(upscale to 1280x720)
(upscale to 1920x1080)
||Pentium 4 3.4(HT) GHz
||Pentium 4 3.4(HT) GHz or faster
||Athlon 64 2800+ 1.8GHz
||Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8GHz or faster
||1GB or more
||2GB or more
||NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT*
||NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT or above*
Original Video File Limits
- File type: .mpg or .mpeg
- File format: MPEG 2
- Maximal video resolution: 720 x 576 (DVD Resolution)
- Video width and height: should be multiples of 16