www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

TotalMedia Theatre 3.0.1.195 Release Notes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 11:50am
Originally posted by NeedBetterDVD NeedBetterDVD wrote:

Jason, could you confirm that as things stand now, that this will be the last version 3 build?

Nope. It has not been officially discontinued. It's possible that could happen before another release ever occurs as is the alternative. Expect the focus to remain on TMT5. Expect that if/when there's a TMT6 announced then released that likely means TMT5 becomes the "old" supported version with lower priority and TMT3 likely becomes discontinued.

Quote And that even though ATI video cards can play High Definition Audio from Blu-ray material -- nVidia cards still cause a crash if High Definition Audio bitstreaming is selected?

And that we are probably looking at this as a bug which was not fixed in version 3 of ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre before it reached its end of life status?

I haven't tested it and likely won't get to it for some time. Can't confirm one way or the other right now. If you've checked and confirmed it exists and want to draw that conclusion for yourself it seems reasonable to me (even if at some future point it turns out to be proven wrong.)

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 09 Apr 2012 at 11:51am
NeedBetterDVD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedBetterDVD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 12:42pm
OK. I've managed to get a hold of an nVidia machine with version 3 installed, applied the April 2012 version 3.0.1.195 update to it, started a Blu-ray which worked OK with non-HD audio but crashed the nVidia machine as soon as I turned on High Definition Audio.

Since this known bug also wasn't listed in the list of fixes, it appears that TMT3 + nVidia + HD Audio = crash even with latest update.

You mentioned the possibility of TMT6 and, even though you may have no time now for TMT3, please consider forwarding the following points to any present/future TMT6 development teams from users of TMT3:

Version 3 had major advantages over version 5 when it comes to dual-monitor configurations. Here are the reasons why version 5 was a step back for people who connect their large screen HDTVs to the second output on their video cards:

• Since mouse cannot be used on most Blu-ray titles, Arcsoft's remote control is displayed on the screen. Version 5 has it locked within the borders of the program window - it cannot be moved to another screen so that remote is used from a separate screen on a multi-screen system.

This is a side effect of the Version 5 User Interface engine which cannot place objects outside the base window. Since this behavior cannot be "corrected" within the existing framework -- there is a definite reason for a framework overhaul in any future version like TMT6 to something that would accommodate that possibility which existed in version 3 but not version 5.

• When you click on the Menu button of TMT5, all is well on Monitor #1. But when you move the program window to monitor #2, clicking on Menu button results in empty space. this problem does not exist on TMT3. Clearly, more testing needs to be done on multi-monitor configurations to make TMT6 as dual-monitor friendly as TMT3 was.

People do connect large screen TV as a secondary video output while still keeping the main computer monitor as the active primary output.

It is not uncommon for playback to take place on the large screen TV, while the main computer monitor is used to both control features of the program through Arcsoft's software remote control and to use the main monitor for independent operations. Dual monitor usage is not a niche market and has not been for a long time.

• When moving the already playing Blu-ray movie to another screen on a multi-screen configuration, instead of there being no interruption - the movie stops and displays a screen asking for permission for the Blu-ray to access the internet features of the disc. Since this pop-up already appears when Blu-ray is first loaded - it shouldn't appear again when switching to different screens mid-play. Only TMT5 has this issue. Hopefully TMT6 will not just like TMT3 does not.

So these are all the reasons why version 3 is still a better option than version 5 if you are using more than one display on your system. That is, of course, as long as you don't use nVidia video cards which still appear to crash version 3 when bitsreaming High Definition audio.

Thank you for your time Jason.

Edited by NeedBetterDVD - 09 Apr 2012 at 12:48pm
JaLe69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaLe69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 3:48pm
Hello all.

Long time user of TMT 3.0.1.195, but newbie on forum saying hello Beer

I didn't have any reason to upgrade because TMT3 has worked just fine on me, until now...

Latest Blu-ray releases from Fox, "Prometheus" and "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" just wont play.

Prometheus disc gives static screen telling that "Warning: Your Blu-ray player will need upgrade in order to play this disc" (or something like that, don't remember exactly).
Abraham disc doesn't work at all. TMT3 just freezes after a while.

My PC setup should be OK because every other disc plays fine. So I'm thinking that this must be an issue with new BD+ copy protection versions, or something like that. Damn Fox.

Actual question is => Is there still support and development for TMT3 to fix disc playback issues ???
singularprime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singularprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 4:40pm
me too interested in this issue

Edited by singularprime - 30 Oct 2012 at 4:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic