www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Prometheus blu-ray Bonus Features Disc BETA Hotfix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Blkbart1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blkbart1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 2:17pm
The 3d version of Prometheus still doesn't work for me. Is there another patch coming?
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 2:22pm
We have not duplicated any problem with the 3D disc as far as I'm aware. If you haven't already, you need to get in touch with customer service and see if you can work with them to isolate the problem. We generally can't fix problems we can't see.
upsnef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upsnef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 4:17pm
ok i think i found it

my previous HTPC was a intel I5-2500k and i used the HD2500 GPU
with this setup i had a lot of stutering in 3D movie
the fix was, remove check on hardware acceleration in TMT5, (customer service told me that)
and everythig was very good

now, i remove this check for every system i build with intel integrated GPU
now i have a I5-3570K with HD4000 and i removed this check,
10 minutes ago, i just give a try with the check beside Hardware Acceleration
and, it work now, no more runtime c++ error
and i think the HD4000 is able to handle Hardware Acceleration without any issue like stutering

Jason maybe give a look on this on your side, im sure everyone suppose to be able to watch a movie without hardware acceleration, no?

Edited by upsnef - 20 Dec 2012 at 4:28pm
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 6:18pm
With and without hardware accelleration should play without crashing on any contemporary system. (I have not experienced crashing on Intel hardware based on the state of this checkbox.)

DVD and 2D Blu-ray should additionally have acceptable performance making it a reasonable alternative to using the GPU. 3D Blu-ray can have substandard performance without hardware accelleration on many systems.

AndreasM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreasM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 2:22am
5.2.1.119 was my first version of TMT and I'm still using it, because all later versions caused little problems. So I was worried that I would have to update temporarily - only to watch the Prometheus Bonus Disk.

But luckily the Hotfix works with the version 5.2.1.119 as well! Hurrah and thank you. Clap

Edited by AndreasM - 01 Mar 2013 at 2:23am
DutchBluRay.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DutchBluRay.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Blkbart1 Blkbart1 wrote:

The 3d version of Prometheus still doesn't work for me. Is there another patch coming?

I have also problems playing Promeheus 3D on TM6 (v6.0.1.119) running on Win8 64b.

After two info screens, i need sometimes to press pause and play to continue playback.
Then it plays the 20th Century Fox 3D logo. Rating screen and next opens the menu.

When i click "play" on the menu: it starts playing but within a few seconds, in the 20th century logo, it stops and the mouse icon turns into the hourglass and the program crashes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic