www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Motion Detection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JimFarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JimFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motion Detection
    Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 6:09am
Just installed my Simplicam and love the Closeli app.  Got a few questions though.  I set the motion sensitivity to "Crash", which, I assume, means that it's at the lowest sensitivity setting.  However, leaves blowing in the breeze outside the door will set it off.  The problem with this is that my "events" are cluttered with motion events.  The Face Detection, outside of a few false positives, works great.  Is there any way of filtering out the motion events or perhaps adding a few more levels of "insensitivity"?  Preferably both.
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:09am
(Yes, that should be the lowest. However, at some point during beta testing the labels were reversed. I believe that's sorted out across all the clients, but you can check Tiptoe real quick and make sure it's not obviously less sensitive.)

The motion detection sensitivity is pretty tricky. Depending how much tree is visible, it can appear to be a large overall change from one frame to the next. We're still fine tuning this, and considering features like selectable detect/no-detect zones within the frame so you can block out that tree in you case.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic