www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

TotalMediaTheatre HD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Future777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Future777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TotalMediaTheatre HD
    Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 12:31am
Hi!

I bought the TotalMedia Theatre HD from this homepage just a few days ago and like it! The usability, sound, picture quality is great and it doesnt care about playing from HDD or BD-ROM/HD-DVD Media. Absolutely fab. - considering that this is the first rel.version. I have a few suggestions for (hopefully) further updates:

I use MCE remote control and cant access the BD/HD-DVD main menu with it...how about enabling one of the coloured buttons on the remote to open the main menu. (Or make IR customizeable).

"Known issues" catalogue on the website. I have 2 discs that wont play properly - but I dont know if this was already adressed by other users.

@All: Buy this software! We need to support development in the HTPC area! Only then we can expect great updates and new features. (no - i am not from Arcsoft) ;)

regards
Future

ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 1:00pm
Thanks for the kind words.

There are a few known discs with issues due to changes on the Blu-ray side that appeared on the market almost simultaneously with our release. Most of these will be addressed in our first update, avalaible soon. Many have been listed if you look in the TotalMedia Theatre subforum of this forum. 3:10 To Yuma and Sunshine are a couple off the top of my head.

I suspect we will have some sort of list of fixed issues available upon release. Whether we maintain a list of known issues is not so certain. If some enterprising user wants to maintain such a list on the TMT forum that would be a valuable resource for everyone.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2008 at 5:23pm
BTW, I tried a standard MCE remote today and the "DVD menu" button worked fine for accessing the menus in BD.

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 29 Feb 2008 at 5:23pm
volare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote volare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2008 at 11:09am
Ouch I bought last January, Total Media Extreme, to used it with BD format mainly, backups, data storage and for the BD player, but since then I can't play titles like #:10 to Yuma, Live Free or Die hard, Sunshine, Acros The Universe in sum I can't play all the latest tittles, I have tried to update and the software insist that I'm runnig the latest version. A new version has been realeased but my system is not able to take it. My question for Arcsoft support is if it any posibility to have a link for the people like me that bought the software from you guys, and is not able to use it, because is outdated. If support can do do something like this I will appreciate very much. Guys you have to realize that the people that is trying it for free, can use the player and we the ones that bought it can't, it sound like a sadistic  joke.
kemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2008 at 1:02pm
Their isn't an update available yet for TME, only TMT has been released.  Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer...
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2008 at 5:07pm

TotalMedia Extreme includes Theatre, plus other modules. While the patch for Theatre was ready last Friday, the patch for the rest of TME is still in the works so it currently hasn't been released. But it will be soon. It's unfortunate that you have to wait a bit longer than some others, but there was no benefit to making others wait who only have the Theatre player on its own. (Completing TME earlier than TMT was not among the available options.)

PS. Try again now. (And be sure to reboot after the patch completes--it looks like it doesn't inform you of this in the final dialog, but I highly recommend it.)

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 07 Mar 2008 at 8:06pm
kemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 7:58am
Bingo!  Trying it out now!  Thanks for the notification.
kemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 11:57am
Glad the right channel/Center channel swap issue is fixed!  However I cant get any sound out of my side Surrounds ,only my rear surrounds.   I have tried both 5.1 and 7.1 in the Audio setup.  I am using TME  with Prelude 7.1 - Analog outs.  Anyone else notice this?  I am running PDVD the same system and it does not exhibit this behavior.  Thought I would ask before opening a suppport ticket.  Thanks!

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 4:01pm
PDVD is normally a good comparison point, but in this case the Windows Vista configuration is better.

We have a test system here with the exact same problem. However, it can be recreated in the Windows Vista audio controls "Configuration" screens outside of TMT so it appears to be related to the OS or driver rather than TMT. You might want to do the same test on your system. (So far, we haven't found a solution for that particular system to get 7.1 working.)

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 10 Mar 2008 at 4:05pm
RichB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 10:04pm
I cannot play Live Free or Die Hard from the original disk with build 109.
Nothing happens when I press play.

FYI,

Rich
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic