www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

Star Wars Blu ray

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
SIG3013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SIG3013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:56pm
Ok this isn't funny, I just wasted 80$ on abunch of movies I can't watch. I tried to play Star Wars blu-ray on TMT3 and 5 and they give me the red message of death. I updated my blu-ray disc player drivers and for some reason this is the only movie I'm having a problem playing. Just tried another Fox Entertainment movie using DRM Avatar and it plays just fine, but not Star Wars, what's the problem?!
guyserallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guyserallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 2:16pm
star wars episodes 1 and 2 are full of  breakups in total media theatre 5. work perfectly in my samsung player on same tv. (which cost far less than this overpriced software) FIX THIS NOW!!!!!!!!

slick1ru2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slick1ru2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:47pm
The problem is your lack of reading skills. Go back and see where Jason said the studio didn't send them a disc early. And studios change the security on discs all the time as evidenced by those little pieces of paper many dics include about it may not work on all devices and to make sure you have the latest upgrades.
Nothing123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:54pm
I was having the same issue (not able to play the movie - Episode I - with the screen telling me to update my blu-ray software). This was with version 3.0.1.190 of TotalMedia Theatre 3. I called tech support at ArcSoft and they knew of the issue i.e. people on this forum bringing it up but at this time are unable to confirm it and more than likely wont have a fix until Monday at the earliest.

Therefore, I decided to upgrade to TotalMedia Theatre 5 (the latest version downloaded today). I have been thinking of this upgrade for a while so it wasn't a big deal to purchase for me but I realize others may not want to give out another $50 on top of the $80 they already spent (unless you just bought the original trilogy ;) ). However, I was able to play Episode I just fine after the purchase and foresee no problems playing the remaining five but haven't tried it yet. I can confirm that CPU usage is high. I was at 100% on core 1 the entire length of the movie but running an i7-2600k that doesn't' slow my system down a bit and I was able to watch stutter free with no problems.

Therefore, for those unwilling to give up $50 more dollars it seems they will have to wait until Monday at the earliest (likely later) for ArcSoft to issue a patch to TMT3. But I would highly recommend just upgraded to TMT5 it seems like a decent upgrade anyway.
Nothing123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:57pm
I totally agree. Thinking ArcSoft can get a disk then patch to the new security or update the encryption keys on day 1 of release is impossible considering just all the testing that must be done. While this is ArcSoft software I hardly see it as ArcSoft's fault.
Black Banshee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Banshee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:24pm
I just played A New Hope, but had audio issues.  Using TMT5 version 87 (because 114 is very buggy on my system).

Movie starts great, and the bitstream Dolby True HD 6.1 audio track kicks in, but there is weird static right after the initial "20th Century Fox" opening music. That's the only part that has static, but then for the rest of the movie there are intermittent audio drop-outs.

Haven't tried the other movies yet.
SIG3013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SIG3013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 6:00pm
I have TotalMedia 5 and I still get the red screen of death and I also tried TotalMedia 3 and still got the red screen of death. Cyberlink 11 Ultra played all Star Wars films but the problem is Cyberlink is unstable, stutters a lot and crashes and has artifacts, while TotalMedia doesn't have those things which is why I switched. But as of right now I can't play Predators and I can't play any Star War films on either TotalMedia softwareDisapprove
Executor32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Executor32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 10:01pm
Try installing AnyDVD HD, it has a 21-day free trial period.  I was having issues with artifacting in TPM, then I installed the AnyDVD HD trial and haven't had any problems since with TPM or AotC.  I think it makes for a good temporary measure until ArcSoft releases an update.
phoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 10:07pm
I disagree with it not being arcsofts fault. "designed for purpose" if other hardware / software blu ray players work, why doesnt arcsoft work with this new disc release ?
phoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 10:10pm
ps. paying for new software is not a fix. its an expensive work around.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
  Share Topic