www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

DVD SlideShow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
skyangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DVD SlideShow
    Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 4:39pm
I am using ArcSoft DVD Slide Show. After creating a slideshow, and previewing, the file will not burn to a disc. The application just stops working and closes when I attempt to burn the file to a disc. I ordered a $12.99 upgrade to the application just today and it makes no difference. I thought the program created very nice slideshows but it's not very practical if I am unable to save them by burning them to a disc. Help. Anyone?
coach8805 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coach8805 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 6:01pm
Look at the back of the dvd.  There are tons (or so it seems) of cds and dvds that should work.  However that is not the case.  Read the back of the pack the dvds come in carefully and it should help you.
Lagerman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 4:48pm
I am also having a problem with the program.
Everything works fine until I try to burn the thing and I get the message "unable to open Arcsoft MPEG encoder"
Arcsoft help seems to be non existent.
Anybody else having the same problem?

Thanks
of_the_shire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote of_the_shire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 11:39am
Hello,
Please try the following procedures to resolve the error message.

Please follow these steps to re-register the Arcsoft CODECs:

1. Open My Computer

2. Double-click on the C drive, and open 'WINDOWS' folder ('WINNT' folder is using Windows 2000)

3. Locate the "regsvr32" file in either the System32 or System folder.

4. Right-click over the "regsvr32" file, and select Copy.  Close out of this window.

5. Right-click somewhere on the desktop, and choose Paste.

6. Once file is copied to desktop, go back to My Computer

7. Go to 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\MPEG Engine' directory.

8. Click on an .AX file, and drag it to the "regsvr32" icon on desktop (you should receive a prompt regarding successful registration of the file).

9. Repeat for any other .AX files in the 'MPEG Engine' folder.

tammom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tammom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2008 at 9:52am
I tried your suggestion for my DVD SlideShow problem and couldn't find the regsvr32 in either of those folders.  I did a search and found some for McAfee, one in 1386 (wherever that is), one in WINDOWS/Prefetch, one in WINDOWS/ServicePackFiles/i386 , one other for QuickBooks in the program files.  I used the ServicePackFiles one and did what you said.  Was that supposed to help or am I missing that regsvr32 for some reason? 
Anxiously waiting for help.
SunDrifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunDrifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 1:39pm
Okay, I have "PhotoStudio expressions", no serial numbers or anything. It installed okay and I can make a slide show. But when I try to burn to DVD I see it Transcoding Slideshow and then get a "Slideshow, Failure Writing the Disc" And if I close the program after using it once. I am not able to open it again unless I reboot the computer. Pretty strange for a program to do these things? Any suggestions out there?
likan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote likan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 11:23am
i have same problem but have windows vista where do i go after opening the windows folder cant find WINNT
of_the_shire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote of_the_shire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 3:30pm
Hello,
Please locate the regsvr32 file in the system32 folder. You only need to look for the WINNT folder if using windows 2000.
('WINNT' folder is using Windows 2000)
kvschwab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvschwab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 4:33pm
Same problem: "Failure to burn to Disk".  I'm trying to create a large DVD project, 5 separate slideshows that show 70% full, but no luck getting it to burn to DVD or hard drive.
Any ideas?
nspear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nspear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 6:42pm
Well that doesn't work: Got this error msg after following your instructions: The data area passed to a system call is too cmall
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic