www.arcsoft.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ArcSoft Technical Support? This Users Forum is provided as a free resource for users to exchange ideas and learn how others are utilizing the software but it is NOT a place where you can get ArcSoft technical support. If you have ArcSoft products questions, you can read the general FAQ here or send your question to us through Customer Services.

TotalMedia Theatre 5.2.1.119 Release Notes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 45>
Author
ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by roknrol roknrol wrote:

Not to be daft, but for clarification: if I have version 5.1 (114) installed then I need to uninstall it before installing version 5.2 (119)?

Yes. Uninstall ANY prior version. Then install 119. (You can't really go wrong. If you try otherwise it will just tell you another version is installed and you must install it.)

Quote The (official?) Upgrade Instructions do not specify uninstalling and the activation form seems to indicate that you need version 5.1 installed for the free upgrade (maybe I'm reading too much into this.)

It's innaccurate at this time. I expect the Web team to fix it, but you're in between availability if you know where to look and the "official" announcement on the Web site.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by gt500_2 gt500_2 wrote:

what did you meant with "incompatible hardware"?

I mean this particular feature was shown to not work properly on some hardware during the course of BETA testing. When TMT detects such hardware in the final 119 release, the option will be grayed out automatically rather than allowing you to set it in such a way that it doesn't work correctly.

Quote What, in yours or Arcsoft opinion is the "right" Hardware?

There is no objectively "right" or "wrong" hardware. However, all the hardware has different capabilities and each has its own set of quirks. So the software can behave differently on each platform.

Edited by ArcSoft_Jason - 11 Jan 2012 at 4:27pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by bruce73 bruce73 wrote:

You're not daft.  I'm a little confused about this, too.  The caveat on the activation key request page states that 5.1 must be installed in order to upgrade to 5.2.  I'm not even sure what "5.1" is -- I'm on 5.0.1.114.  Do I have to uninstall 114, install 118 *then* upgrade to 119?

Use the page to get your Activation Code. Once you recieve it...

Uninstall whatever you have installed.

Install 119.

Enter your code.

bruce73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by ArcSoft_Jason ArcSoft_Jason wrote:

Originally posted by bruce73 bruce73 wrote:

You're not daft.  I'm a little confused about this, too.  The caveat on the activation key request page states that 5.1 must be installed in order to upgrade to 5.2.  I'm not even sure what "5.1" is -- I'm on 5.0.1.114.  Do I have to uninstall 114, install 118 *then* upgrade to 119?

Use the page to get your Activation Code. Once you recieve it...

Uninstall whatever you have installed.

Install 119.

Enter your code.

Thanks, Jason, just did it.  No fuss, no muss. Clap
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:30pm

whee! Now let's hope it works great for you.

I'm really interested in hearing if all the weird performance issues that materialized in 114 for people are gone and we're back to 87 level performance.
ant1983 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ant1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by lynxs_claw lynxs_claw wrote:

Just fill out the form to get your new activation code... uninstall .114 and install .119 and copy the code to the new registration requirement and activate.

I did and it worked

I did exactly all these steps but when i hit activate nothing happen.The page stay there permanently  Cry 
 what can i do? Thanks Ant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:44pm
If you tried the gray dialog within the app's Info Center, try the black dialog at launch. (If you tried the black, then try the gray instead.)

If neither works for you, contact customer service for assistance.
richardmk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:37pm

just installed 119.

If i set my resolution to 1920 x 1080p 24hz, as soon as TMT runs a bluray it switches to 60Hz evrytime!

I am running an NV GT430 with the switching option unticked and greyed out so i assume it should not be even trying to change resolutions.

I am running it under windows 7 64 bit.
RyanG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:41pm
Bummer it looks like 119 MCE Player has the same issues as 118. Constant stuttering. :(

The stand alone player seems to work just fine thought. Unfortunately, I need the MCE player to work.

Anyone having luck with nVidia video cards? I'm thinking about swapping out my ATI for an nVidia. I just wish I knew if this is an Arcsoft issue or something else? What is distubing is that TMT3 still plays 1080p like a champ even on my little itty-bitty ION net tops. My main HTPC is many times more powerful than an ION Nettop, yet it cannot play smoothly.

Whelp, I guess I'll mess around for a bit and see if reverting to some older AMD drivers does anything. Then maybe try an nVidia card and, if that doesn't work, I'll wait for the new Dune HD player to be released.

very disapointing....
KaptainKrypton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaptainKrypton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:52pm
Double.  Oops.

Edited by KaptainKrypton - 11 Jan 2012 at 6:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 45>
  Share Topic